Threaded View

Thumbs down Sad Day (Graphic pics)

So before you scroll down and look at these pics, I just want to give a little background on the situation. I was trying to be a good friend and teach some of my friends how to wakeboard. As you can see below, some of them picked it up very quickly. Some of them were overthinking it very much and were holding on too long as they were falling. To make a long story short, I usually shorten my rope ridiculously short, like wakesurf short, for newbies so they can get up in a hurry. I know what I did was a mistake and I have learned from it, believe that. Basically I was using a nylon rope because I didnt want to put a loop in my zero stretch for fear that I wouldnt get the knot out. Well on one of the pulls the rubber band effect happened. Mind you I was driving. Knocked me out COLD.

This cut is over 3 inches long and as I sit here typing this, its almost a half an inch TALL. These pictures really dont do it justice. Just a little lesson for anyone who thinks this might be a good idea. Although all these people got up within their first 2 tries, it was NOT worth it. Flame suit applied.

Last edited by lewisb13; 10-10-2010 at 05:24 PM.
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD