Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
    Welcome to the club Al, Looks real good!

Hey how is the sound of the sub now with the 600.1 amp? I'm thinking of doing the same, dumping my ZX700.5 but i'd have to add a 800.4 & 600.1 to the arsenal. I already dumped the ZX650.4 for the Harpoon as well.
    Razz,

I've not had a chance to take the boat down to Exile yet but I did set the gain just now and the sub pounds as hard as I dare it to and I have the gain set at about the 1:00 position right now. With the 700.5, I had the gain up almost all the way. I still need to properly set the crossover and the subsonic filter but I am going to wait until I can get over to Exile and have them do that.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Looks great Al. Love the murdered out look of the SXT65s. Hmm might have to murder out my XM7s.
    Nate

Al -

Looks really nice. I know you have a ton of work into your setup. What nobody knows about Is. He did three different installs, trying first 1 pair of xm7's, then adding a second, and re-powering his setup, and then pulling the whole tower setup down and trying out the sxt's for another complete trial.

This was a lot of work, but ultimately, I'd say Al is damn informed now about the differences between HlCDs and direct radiating design sound performance and tonal construction / projection. Al, in the end, all I can say is, "Told ya so...". I knew you would be hooked on the sound of these speakers. I'm glad you took the time to really dial your setup the way you wanted. That's what's important.

The important question is, what's the wife say?

-Brian
    Exile Audio

Holy crap - do you really have 5 valet circuit breakers in that setup? Is that some Photoshop trick? Dude! that's got win some kinda award!!!!!! Whoa!

-Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Brianinpdx View Post
    Al -

Looks really nice. I know you have a ton of work into your setup. What nobody knows about Is. He did three different installs, trying first 1 pair of xm7's, then adding a second, and re-powering his setup, and then pulling the whole tower setup down and trying out the sxt's for another complete trial.

This was a lot of work, but ultimately, I'd say Al is damn informed now about the differences between HlCDs and direct radiating design sound performance and tonal construction / projection. Al, in the end, all I can say is, "Told ya so...". I knew you would be hooked on the sound of these speakers. I'm glad you took the time to really dial your setup the way you wanted. That's what's important.

The important question is, what's the wife say?

-Brian
    Exile Audio
    Yes, I didn't go into all that last night as I was pressed for time, but Brian was extremely accommodating in letting me try different setups so that I could make an informed decision. I acutally started out one day on the water with 4 XM7's on the tower, listened to them wakeboarding then surfing, then switched them out for 4 SXT65's while on the water, then wakeboarded and surfed again so that I got to compare them back to back on the same day. In the end, the XM7's were really not that much louder at 75' but the SXT65's sounded much better closer in than the XM7's. Plus they cost quite a bit less than the XM7's

Ya, you were right on about me liking these SXT65's. As far as the wife, Brenda gives the SXT's the thumbs up as well.

BTW, I always thought that my Polk db651's were smooth sounding speakers but after comparing them to the SXT65's, the SXT's are smoother still. So there might be 3 pairs of in boat Exile's in my future ...
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Brianinpdx View Post
    Holy crap - do you really have 5 valet circuit breakers in that setup? Is that some Photoshop trick? Dude! that's got win some kinda award!!!!!! Whoa!

-Brian
    Is that what you call them - valet circuit breakers?? I followed Razz's lead on that one and got resetable breakers instead of fuses. And I'm glad I did cause I have to open the ones coming from the ACR every time I plug in the onboard charger so that it doesn't combine the charging current. It's a lot easier to push a button than to pull a fuse
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Al, great looking new setup, you certainly uped the ante....
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Ed, i have mine pointing slightly up so that when the boat is in boarding/surfing attitude the speakers are pointing somewhat on a level plane. Make sense? That way whether boarding or surfing they're directionaly pointed at the rider. The nice thing about the SXT65's is that even like that they still produce a nice sound field for chilling in the cove or whatever.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
    Ed, i have mine pointing slightly up so that when the boat is in boarding/surfing attitude the speakers are pointing somewhat on a level plane. Make sense? That way whether boarding or surfing they're directionaly pointed at the rider. The nice thing about the SXT65's is that even like that they still produce a nice sound field for chilling in the cove or whatever.
    Mine are set up exactly like Razz - aimed slightly up so that they are about level when boarding/surfing.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post
    question for you guys...

when your standing on your swim platform, where are your speakers pointing?

I'm 5-9 and mine are pointed directly at my face.

I noticed yesterday, when surfing, I'm pretty much at the same level as the platfrom.

to me, the speakers are louder at a distance than they are when I'm surfing.

Just curious if they should be pointing more to the sky or perhaps even down more.
    Ed, is the tower on the Outback shorter than the XLV or is it the extra freeboard of the XLV make the XLV tower taller? I know Exile and Bullet have the lowest hang height of the tower speakers, just wondering because I'm 6'00" and can easily walk under my Bullet 770's. Learning something new everyday about the differences in the Moomba models