Default Help!! I bent my prop and hope nothing else

So here is the short story:
    I have a '05 Outback and boat ran great all season (not one issue)
    Last week took the dock and shore station out of the lake (Wall Lake in Delton, Michigan) and was driving my boat to the launch to take it out for the season.

Took my normal route and forgot how low the water level was.

All of a sudden WHAM, BANG, CRUNCH.... you get the idea!

Scared the S&%T out of me, immediately shut enging down.

Looked at the enging and didn't see anything out of the ordinary so I started it back up.
    Started to drive and it nearly rattled every filling out of my teeth out.

Tired different speeds and was just horrible but it got me across the lake.

Pulled the boat out and all three blades on the prop are bent and scratched to heck.

I think the prop hit a huge rock or concrete block somone ties their swim platform to.

Here is where I need help.

In front of the prop there is the strut that holds the drive shaft.
    There is no visible impact marks or scratches on it, but it seems to be bent a little to the left.

If I'm standing behind my boat eye balling straight down the center of the boat the three fins are straight but the strut like I said is a little bit leaning to the left.

Can some one go look at their boat a see if the strut is perfectly straight or if there is a little bit of a lean to it.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again everyone.

Chris

Is the strut leaning or is it that the propshaft is not in line with the rudder. It is suppose to be to the left so you can get the shaft out without removing the rudder. As far as the strut being bent, check your alignment at the coupler. If it changes as you rotate the shaft ,then your propshaft is bent and need a new one , if the alignment is out on one side or top and stays that way then you rotate the shaft, then your strut is bent, or if its only out 3-8 thou you may just be able to realign the engine, but maybe it was out to begin with.

Look in how to for propshft couple alignment procedure, only takes 20- 30 mins to check the alignment
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Thanks Doug!

Where is the how to for the prop shaft allignment proceedure located?
    I couldn't find it in the owners manual.

Chris

No that isn't something you will find in the owners manual.

docdrs can help you with the information you are looking for, send him a PM.
    He knows his stuff!

pm sent to ya chris
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug