Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    so comparing panama city beach to your areas, what would be some nice places to be on the beach, not crowded and not real expensive? I know, long list..
    Destin = Rich and Famous from Atlanta and Birmingham, way overpriced.
    Panama City Beach (not Panama City, 2 different towns) = OK but lots of people.
    Mexico Beach = Bingo!!! Check it out, lower prices not as many people, just 20 miles each of Panama City I think one building is 3 stories tall. (not Panama City Beach, 2 different towns)

Note to All: If you come to Panama City Beach drive across the Hathaway Bridge to Panama City to eat. Hunts Oyster Bar, Captains Table, Uncle Ernies and more. MUCH better food and much lower prices. Locals would never eat in Panama City Beach. Oily Fried Expensive Frozen Shrimp and Grouper Nuggets that trick tourist into thinking they are eating fresh seafood. NOT!

That's good advice on the food. I'd say PCB if you are single but Mexico Beach or even St. George Island if you are bringing your significant other.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Orange Beach AL is pretty nice, a lot like Destin. Pensacola Beach is nice, and the town has some activities. I really like Destin, it's new and nice. Sanibel Island and Clearwater Beach are both great around the Tampa area.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

last year, flew into jacksonville and then drove. not bad, so I'm guessing I went right through your neck of the woods Kane. if we do that again, I'll stop. ended up staying the first and last night in jax as it was cheaper than driving to pcb and getting there late. ate at the captains table in pc. it was good. old place and lots of sr's around, but real good. destin is out, as pricing doesn't agree with my budget. have to check out sanibel and clearwater. I remember researching them before.

really only ended up in pcb due to a cheap stay. real nice 2bed-2ba two-story condo on the beach that was in a group of 8 that he had listed for $1700 for the week. offered $1000 and he took it nearest hirise was 1/2 mile one way and 1/8 mile the other, all units around were lo-rise so beach was vacant. not much in the way of activities that we researched, spent most of the time parked in the sun on the beach drinking. it was awesome..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

sandm - check out Dunes of Seagrove condos

http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals...es-of-seagrove

Seagrove is between Destin & Panama City Beach. It's close to Seaside for some activities without the high price and some cool restaturants. If you get to Seagrove, you have to take a 20 min drive to Grayton Beach and visit The Red Bar for dinner. It's a cash only place that you just have to experience.

http://www.theredbar.com/