Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cham View Post
    Where are you guys getting these wet suits for $20 and $30?????
    Costco is common. However, you can't compare a cheap flatlock suit with a back zip to a good sealed/taped suit with a chest zip. It's worth the money to get quality. When it comes to wetsuits...cheap is cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by you da man View Post
    Costco is common. However, you can't compare a cheap flatlock suit with a back zip to a good sealed/taped suit with a chest zip. It's worth the money to get quality. When it comes to wetsuits...cheap is cheap.
    Is there a really good compromise? I'm in Florida and I don't need to combat extremes. Hell, in January its common to have 70* afternoons. The water is just a bit chilly and with the wind it gets a little cold.

Is there a really good compromise? I'm in Florida and I don't need to combat extremes. Hell, in January its common to have 70* afternoons. The water is just a bit chilly and with the wind it gets a little cold.
    Windchill is going to be your enemy when wakeboarding. You get a cheap suit that is made out of cheap neoprene with flatlock seams and it will leak cold water in immediately and you'll be cold in a wetsuit. This same suit will also allow wind to penetrate. So now you have cool/cold wind hitting you at 20-25mph and you're wet. The better suits have much better neoprene that will slowly allow water to penetrate but will warm up as it is. The better suits also have special liners like bamboo or charcoal or even air pockets in between neoprene layers. The better suits that are glued and taped will barely allow any water in...some are so good that if you get the perfect fit you'll be almost dry inside a wetsuit, BUT you need a waterproof zipper NOT a water resistant zipper.

Hell, in January its common to have 70* afternoons.
    70 degrees is cold in a wet wetsuit with a moving boat...trust me. You need to find some outter wear you can wear between sets and just stay in your wetsuit.

just bought the hyperflex longsleeve shorty from sunnysports on sale for $64. Used it tonight and it was awesome. Water is only down to about 72 here though I think.

Quote Originally Posted by mk_deuce View Post
    just bought the hyperflex longsleeve shorty from sunnysports on sale for $64. Used it tonight and it was awesome. Water is only down to about 72 here though I think.
    That's a very good deal on a decent shorty. I have the Hyperflex Amp longsleeve shorty with the chest zip and sealed seams. It's a great shorty and takes a while for the water to contact the skin due to the waterproof chest zip and sealed seams. That Hyperflex Cyclone shorty would be a good suit for in between trunks and fullsuit or between trunks and drysuit. Hyperflex makes good/great shorties depending on the model but if you're tall and thin (like me), their fullsuits are not built for us because they do not have tall sizes so if you get a suit that fit's your height, it will be loose in the torso. Likewise if you get one that fit's you snug in the torso, it will be short in the arms/legs. That's why I had to go with Xcel for the fullsuit.
    Last edited by you da man; 10-09-2010 at 04:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post
    Cham,

Check this place out and contact Mark Meyers.

http://www.exceedwetsuits.com/

They are located in Ft. Lauderdale. Mark is a Moomba owner and is known to give us pretty good discounts.

I have the exceed execute, which is perfect for our coldest temps.

If your looking for an extra large shorty, I have one that I'm willing to trade for (2) 12 packs of Yuengling.

e
    clermont
    How about 2 12 packs and a few sets behind a Boomerang

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post
    as long as it's in Clermont - done deal.

But if were skiing behind your Boomerang, you have to ski behind my Outback V...

some folks on here still need to be convinced about the small wake
    I'd love to get behind your Outback. Does it have a small wake?

What wake on an outback
    Seriously though, Outback V wake will be much more noticeable than the wake on the Outback DD or boomerang.

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    What wake on an outback
    Seriously though, Outback V wake will be much more noticeable than the wake on the Outback DD or boomerang.
    That's what I was saying. I thought he was trying to say his boat had no wake, lol. He hasn't seen a Boomerang in awhile