Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Finally I got it to work. I really donīt know what I did or what the problem was, I checked all the hoses and screws again. I tried to start the engine with the same problem. When I was going to test one last time the engine started to suck the antifreeze, HEUREKA!! I actually have no idea why it behaved like this.

Thanks again for all the replies and tips!

good to hear!

Glad it finally worked as it should. All the setup looks exactly like I've done with no probs.

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Default antifreeze

How many gallons of antifreeze should it take appoximatley? I live in Florida and plan on using antifreeeze this year because I had a freak accident last year with cold winter that we had. Even though I drained the water and all from the engine it cracked. I guess there was a pocket of water that didnt come out. I also left the drain plugs out all winter.

Quote Originally Posted by 98outback View Post
    How many gallons of antifreeze should it take appoximatley? I live in Florida and plan on using antifreeeze this year because I had a freak accident last year with cold winter that we had. Even though I drained the water and all from the engine it cracked. I guess there was a pocket of water that didnt come out. I also left the drain plugs out all winter.

I bought 12 liters of antifreeze that i mixed with 50% water, it will hold down to minus 37 Celsius. In total I got 24 liters of antifreeze. When I ran the engine it started to pour out antifreeze after maybe 8 liters, I let the engine suck up all the antifreeze to be sure the system was full. I had a bucket to collect the spill.