Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

stupid question. if you drain the block why do you need antifreeze? i thought AF was used in placed of cab's winterization procedure.

my .02
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    stupid question. if you drain the block why do you need antifreeze? i thought AF was used in placed of cab's winterization procedure.

my .02
    your right, you don't , its just taking it to the next level
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

I drain and then suck up antifreeze. Just a little extra peace of mind and some rust inhibitors.

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower220 View Post
    Need? I don't know. However, it makes me feel better knowing that I won't have an issue in the spring.
    I'm with ya and I'm all for having the peace of mind!

Superfet

If I understand correctly you tried to run a hose from a bucket of antie freeze into the hose inlet on your flush pro correct? If this is the case no it will not draw the anti freeze. You need hose pressure for this. I also have a flush pro and when I winterize I have to disconnect my hose at the raw water intake and put this in a bucket of anti freeze.

one of those cheap drill pumps could fix that problem.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

superfet - This weekend temperature is foecast to be in the 80s, perfect for winterizing in comfort. Already did the oil, oil filter, and impeller change last weekend while the boat was on the lift at the lake. This weekend will be the anti freeze process, which I will video and post, including prep, setup, and operation of my system to circulate antifreeze through the block, exhaust, and heater core. Tank sits on the ground. Raw water impeller has plenty of draw to pull liquid from tank through a 12-foot length of hose and into the engine to circulate. - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Thanks everybody for the replies. It has been raining all day today so I haven´t been able to check the boat. If the weather is better tomorrow I will check all the hoses to see if thats the problem. I´ll tell you if it worked out...

Deerfield, I look forward to see your video.

Take care all!

Hi again
    No luck today either I checked all the hoses and started the engine with waterpressure to be sure i had water in the system. I then switched to the antifreeze bucket and connected to the fluch pro, nothing happened even if i reved up the engine a little bit. I then disconnected the flush pro and connected a hose before the water strainer. The engine started to suck up the antifreeze until it reached the waterstrainer and then no more. I tried to have the bucket higher than the engine with no luck.

I attached a picture of the raw waterpump. Is the hoses connected correctly? I am pretty sure that that the hoses were connected this way before
    I removed them. The one that is under comes from the V-drive. I checked the impeller and it looked fine, I changed it this season...

Best regards
    Michael
    Attached Images Attached Images

yes those hoses are correct, that is funny it wont suck antifreeze...it looks like a good setup
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug