Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Engine Paint?

I've used the engine enamel stuff in the past. Works great.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I have repainted my entire motor (block, heads, and exhaust manifolds) about 5yrs ago, but it was done with the motor out of the boat. For me i would be afraid of any type of overspray with the engine in the boat. The original color was black, but i used a early 70's GM color called "GM Blue" which is muted light blue.

The only area that has any rust is on the bottom of the exhaust manifold ports where there is no water in the casting. Though this is normal even with the factory paint. And a little where the upper and lower manifold gaskets meet. But im fairly certian that is normal too.

Quote Originally Posted by squeeg333 View Post
    Have any of your guys re-painted any part of your engines? I have noticed after the past two years of doing winterization and maintenance that this engine paint flakes off really easily (and shows me that some of the things I've done had never been done by the previous owner).

I'm curious if anyone has a line on paint that can be used to re-coat parts of the engine. I've got several larger locations on the engine that need to be re-touched with paint as well.

Any input you guys have would be awesome.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    '01 Mobius

Excellent color for a marine engine. We once did an old Buick engine for the I/O in fire engine red-- had some paint left over from a convertible we shot. Needless to say, it didn't last the season before it blew. It just looked too cool.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!