Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post
    I noticed that OJ Props has been reading this thread.
    Good. They should take notes from ACME!!!
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post
    I noticed that OJ Props has been reading this thread.
    I wouldn't mind trying one of their Fusion props compared to the stock OJ wakeboard prop to see the performance difference but I wouldn't trade it for the Acme 1235. I'm willing to bet that most Moomba owners who have complained or just noticed vibrations under acceleration or cruising will have that issue solved by switching from the stock OJ prop to an Acme prop
    Last edited by you da man; 10-06-2010 at 09:13 AM.

I would welcome oj reading and responding. I think it is widely known that their props have vibration issues and is documented well here. if they have a new design that cures this, I would think that finding a "volunteer" to test(side by side with the acme 1235) and getting the word out would be a good thing for their sales. oj makes a very comparable prop to the 1235 that if it cured the growl/vibration issues and was an equal match to the acme, then game on..

I know that they have posted in here in the past that their props are much "beefier" than the acme counterparts, but looking at the posts in here, the customers are saying the tradeoffs are not worth it.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    I would welcome oj reading and responding. I think it is widely known that their props have vibration issues and is documented well here. if they have a new design that cures this, I would think that finding a "volunteer" to test(side by side with the acme 1235) and getting the word out would be a good thing for their sales. oj makes a very comparable prop to the 1235 that if it cured the growl/vibration issues and was an equal match to the acme, then game on..

I know that they have posted in here in the past that their props are much "beefier" than the acme counterparts, but looking at the posts in here, the customers are saying the tradeoffs are not worth it.
    The switch for me to the Acme made me feel like my Moomba went from the ride of an economical price point boat to the ride of a luxurious wakeboat

ed, comparing that same size currently on the boat to same size fusion? that would be a better test. I would have been quite impressed going from the oj 13x17 on my boat factory to an oj 14x14(approximations here) and the difference would have been night and day, but there is another difference going from a regular oj 14x14 to an acme 14x14 as documented by the growling and noise.

if that fusion is as quiet as the acme, that info should get out there, as I think most have the same opinion I do that the oj props, while strong, are quite noisy and the acme cleans that up..

The noise issue on the LSV's is due to the 14.25 diameter of either the Fusion or the XMP. When a prop with 14" or less is used the noise is reduced. The OJ PROPS in general do not have a vibration issue, the issue is the LSV hull not liking diameter. I have not had complaints of noise, relative to our props, on other makes or models of boats that run the same or larger diameter props. We run up to 14.75" diameter props on Supra's as well as other builders boats with no issues of vibration.

As I have said here many times before, we tested our props as well as the other guys props at the factory with the Supra/Moomba staff. The results of the test showed the FUSION to perform as well or better than the others. We tested the same sizes mentioned in this thread as well as a few others, and the FUSION came out on top. Testing was done with no ballast and full loads, radar tracking was used to determine acceleration times.

That is all I can add for now. Will be doing some additional testing in the days ahead.

Eric Johnson
    Johnson Propeller/OJ PROPS
    Eric Johnson
    Johnson Propeller Co., Inc
    OJ PROPS 800-359-9730

eric,

thanks for responding. nice to see the manufacturers take a presence on a forum like this

I can only really speak for my boat.. on my '06 launch20ssv(ext340 engine), the factory oj 13.7x17.5 prop came on it. it had vibration and noise that started out of the hole and ran up to the 9-10mph range when loaded up for surfing or fully ballasted for boarding. it went away as you eclipsed 10mph and beyond. I swapped on the 1235 this spring and it all went away. it would have been interesting to have tried the fusion of the same approx. size to see if it was more an issue with the size and not the maker, but at this point, all my data points to the prop, not size. similar feedback on here seems to support the same theory, and I believe that there has been feedback on ww to the same?

I had the vibration and growl with my '08 XLV with the OJ wakeboard prop. This was loaded and unloaded

The 13.7 X 17.5 would cavitate more under load than a larger diameter prop, making a vibration noise/feel. The correct size for the application makes a difference.
    Eric Johnson
    OJ PROPS 800-359-9730

You da man - Do you still have the prop?
    Eric Johnson
    OJ PROPS 800-359-9730