Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Anyone else amazed with the Acme 1235 prop?

Switched out the stock OJ wakeboard prop for the Acme 1235 and I have to say I'm very impressed. Overall the prop right out of the box looked more refined. Benefits of the new prop were (and very noticeable I might add): improved holeshot, ZERO vibration anywhere in the rpm range, cabin noise significantly reduced, prop wash in the middle of the wake is significantly less and very smooth to ride on (hardly any bubbles/air compared to the OJ), and neutral steering.

Quote Originally Posted by you da man View Post
    Switched out the stock OJ wakeboard prop for the Acme 1235 and I have to say I'm very impressed. Overall the prop right out of the box looked more refined. Benefits of the new prop were (and very noticeable I might add): improved holeshot, ZERO vibration anywhere in the rpm range, cabin noise significantly reduced, prop wash in the middle of the wake is significantly less and very smooth to ride on (hardly any bubbles/air compared to the OJ), and neutral steering.
    I recently got the 1433 to replace my stock OJ. HUGE difference in holeshot. The wife just about pulled my arms out of their sockets last week. Lost a little on the top end, but no biggie. My wake looks cleaner as well.
    2007 LSV - All red
    Wetsounds PRO 80's WS420 Eq
    Acme 1433

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post
    during our prop testing weekend, we popped that prop onto an 08 XLV Gravity Games.

Immediate impact - it had the boat going 5 mph faster than the stock OJ
    I haven't had my XLV at top speed yet but it's nice to know it will have more speed...as I watch my fuel tank empty. Another benefit was that while surfing yesterday with 3,000lbs of ballast, the boat was smooth, no vibration and didn't struggle to carry the weight. Speed was easy to maintain by hand and the engine maintain 11.5mph consistantly
    Last edited by you da man; 10-04-2010 at 01:09 PM.

I would second what you have to say about that prop. one of the best mods that should come from the factory..

amazing hole shot and ZERO vibration anywhere..

I would have to say the only downside would be that the OJ appeared to be a much "beefier" prop and I would suspect that it would stand up to a hit from an underwater obstacle better.. not enough to get me to change back tho
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    I would second what you have to say about that prop. one of the best mods that should come from the factory..

amazing hole shot and ZERO vibration anywhere..

I would have to say the only downside would be that the OJ appeared to be a much "beefier" prop and I would suspect that it would stand up to a hit from an underwater obstacle better.. not enough to get me to change back tho
    The thicker build quality of the OJ is its downfall. It does not flex like the Acme so all those vibrations get transferred to the drive-line.
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

That was the 1st prop we put on my boat during the prop testing weekend. I was completly amazed with it. I could tell at just above idle its was smoother feeling and there was no growl to it when accelerating. If I were to upgrade to a "wakeboard or high elevation prop" this would be it.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

This winter I will be upgrading to the 1433 prop as when I looked at all the test results this prop seemed to pull the hardest and since we wakeboard and surf (only ski a couple of times are year) I am going to go with this one.

I have the 1433 for my LSV and it is awesome!
    2008 Mobius LSV Blue and Black.

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    I would suspect that it would stand up to a hit from an underwater obstacle better.. )
    We sustained an underwater rock strike at idle with the boat in neutral. Two of the blades were bent- not severely mind you, but bent all the same. The boat was probably moving around 4-5 mph at the time. In other words, having a "beefier" prop isn't going to make any difference. You will be fixing it if you hit anything. Now maybe it would hold up to a stick or limb strike better but the hull pushes most of that kind of stuff to the side anyway.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I spent $85 for a small bend in my acme after it had been on the boat a month. It was from being in shallow water, some rollers came by and the prop hit a rock at the bottom while docked.. I think the oj MIGHT have stood up to it a little better. was not able to run more than 10mph as it vibrated like crazy. you can see a visual difference in the strength of the oj vs acme.

again, still not enough to put the oj back on. the acme 1235 is the shizznit
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten