Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I have the growl as well on my '07 LSV with the wakeboard prop and at times it's extremely aggravating! If i'm in the no wake zone or just cruising slowly it growls away and gets on my nerves something fierce!
    2007 Mobius LSV

I can cut the diameter down to help reduce the noise.
    Eric Johnson
    Johnson Propeller Co., Inc
    OJ PROPS 800-359-9730

What does that cost us? How does that affect the performance of the prop? IMO this should have been addressed by SC.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by ejojprop View Post
    You da man - Do you still have the prop?
    Yes sir I do. It's at a prop shop getting one blade touched up after my boat touched bottom at a sandbar while tied up (boat wasn't moving).

Quote Originally Posted by you da man View Post
    Yes sir I do. It's at a prop shop getting one blade touched up after my boat touched bottom at a sandbar while tied up (boat wasn't moving).
    Would have like to checked it prior to being repaired.
    Eric Johnson
    OJ PROPS 800-359-9730

Quote Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
    What does that cost us? How does that affect the performance of the prop? IMO this should have been addressed by SC.
    Feel free to give me a call and we can work something out. 800-359-9730
    Eric Johnson
    OJ PROPS 800-359-9730

Quote Originally Posted by ejojprop View Post
    I can cut the diameter down to help reduce the noise.
    RobertJ on this forum had this done but didn't have much if any affect on the noise/vibration. Plus the 1235 is a 14.5" diameter prop, correct? So I don't agree that the size is the issue here.

Quote Originally Posted by brain_rinse View Post
    RobertJ on this forum had this done but didn't have much if any affect on the noise/vibration. Plus the 1235 is a 14.5" diameter prop, correct? So I don't agree that the size is the issue here.
    +1

The size of the prop is not the issue at all. My guess is the thickness or pitch.

If OJ made a prop with the exact same specs as the ACME 1235, I wonder how it could compare.
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

The reason why you are getting a vibration has to do with the waters ability to move past the hull and prop. For whatever reason the water is unable to move past the prop correctly and is creating tiny air bubbles causing cavitation, which is the vibration that is being caused. The prop is actually being pushed axially.

The reason why changing the size either larger or smaller takes away the vibration is because you changed the characteristics of how the water is passing by the hull and the prop. If Acme or any other prop manufacture had a prop that was identical size, pitch, cup, and weight as the OJ then you would still have the vibration. No matter the manufacturer of the boat or prop this kind of vibration could occur.

I would like to see how the new OJ prop does compare to the 1235.
    Nate

You Da Man, did you have to get trailer bunk shims to fit the 1235 on your XLV? I have 2005 XLV and I contacted acme through email and explained to them my situation and they recomended the 1433. I didn't get a chance to ask why but I am assuming it had to do with clearance issues involving the height ot the trailer bunks.
    2023 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Malibu VLX 21 - SOLD
    2005 Moomba XLV - SOLD
    2001 Supra - SOLD
    1998 Master Craft - SOLD