Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default My new 2002 Moomba Outback LS

Could not deal with the outboard anymore - now that the kids are rippin it, I had to get them a real towboat and so I have purchased a 2002 Outback LS that is in pristine condition with 400 hours on it.

I had my heart set on a v as wakeboarding is our primary sport and we do want to surf, but reality and practically told me to jump on this one. I was impressed with the wake when we had it out on the water even with no ballast and just a couple of us, although I didn't get to ride. From where i was coming from, anything looked good.

The boat came with a 450 and 350 fat sac so I am hoping that this will do the trick if we need to amp up the wake, but i think for the time being the kids will be more than happy with the stockwake - we will just get everyone in the boat for the ride.

As an added plus, we can always go back to some old school barefoot and slalom sets for a change.

Please tell me the real truth, I know the boat will be great for skiers and my junior wakeboards and wakeskaters, but will the adults be happy with the wake to ride and surf. How much weight will i actually need in the boat for a decent wake.

Also last, the prop was stainless 13-13.5 I think / is this what I need? I want low end above all.

Thanks for any help or comment.

jj - My money says you are going to be real happy. I have an Outback and use it for skiing, wakeboarding, wake skating, footing, and tubing. Only reason we have not tried surfing is that I don't have the board yet. Your boat's a little heavier so would imagine the stuff that needs wake will be even better than with my boat. Congratulations and post up more pics. - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Congratulations! Welcome to the forum. Your LS looks clean and in great condition. I have an LSV so I am no help when it comes to the wake on your LS, but I know that the guys on here that have them, love them. It sounds like a good crossover boat for all disciplines. The hull shape is decent so with enough ballast, you should be able to have some fun on a surfboard. As far as the prop, I am not sure but that size sounds like more of a higher speed prop, but don't quote me. There is some real knowledge on this forum, I am sure that someone out there can give you some great advice.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

Did you pay $24,000 CAD for that boat?
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

great looking boat! welcome & ask away - somebody will have an answer, or at least an opinion for you.

She's a beut. For non-pros, that boat will throw a great wake. You can pile on the peeps and buy some people's old 400lb bags and make that wake a monster.

If you go through the forums here, you'll notice everyone will come back to technique over and over again. In the spring I was humbled by some kid doing w2 backrolls behind an old school ski boat. Your boat will be awesome.

Go get a wetsuit, you still have a couple of weeks. Welcome to the forum!
    06 LSV
    2 - 750lb Fatsacks, Custom Sunbrella Cover and Bimini, Kenwood KMR440MU and Amp Bazooka Tower Speakers, Aerial Mirror, Stargazer, 4 Port Heater.

Toys - O'Brien Natural, CWB Pure, IS Yellow Loogie, CWB Ride, Hyperlite Voyageur for the kids.

congrats on the boat you will love it perfect for all water sports
    the 13x13 4 blade is what u want.
    2012 Mobius LSV
    05 Outback LS SOLD

Congrats on the boat! Welcome to the family. I used to have an Outback and it would throw more wake than anyone we knew could handle. It also had a very nice ski wake. Run a search on "surf setup for Outback" or something like that and you will see you can surf with it too. I think you'll love it. Enjoy!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Just did a quick search. The last post in this thread gives you one surf setup and a pic of an Outback surf wake. Good luck.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....f+setup&page=4
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!