Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Dollies

Spyder before you buy the Harbor Freight dollies make sure they will support the weight. I got some for my SA Boat mate and the dolly wheels literally rolled outward under the weight. They were rated for like 1000lbs per dolly I believe, they are toast now. I was only rolling them a few feet sideways like you want to but over the winter they sagged. A DA trailer might distro the weight better but I wouldn't think much more per axle. I now have a set of the higher dollar jacking roller dollies and the weight appears to be almost too much to raise the SA up and the overall supports look shaky as well. You might have to go high dollar to get something reliable.
    2006 Moomba OBV-"If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you".

That's quite a challenge...

Quote Originally Posted by BensonWdby View Post
    Before doing anythins measure the width of the door. If that is not a 9 foot door (i.e. only 7 or 8 ft) you won't get in the door at all. If it is a 9 ft door you only have about 4 inches per side between the boat guides at the top. I put my boat in through a 9 foot door all the time. The trick is to back it up so that you just barely miss the door on one side, buy less than an inch. It's easier tahn yo think. Once you get the tires through the door you can put the nose jack down and get it off the hitch and move it by hand - unless your driveway is too steep. You wold be surprised how much jockeying around you can do. Well at least that was true with the 99 Mobius. The LSV may be to heavy for that??
    I hear ya , my 21v is too wide with the trailer to get in 9' doors let alone 7' height......i can get the platform in tho
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

here's a set that doesn't have the jacking function

http://www.etoolcart.com/merrick-whe...our-m9980.aspx

set of four - $150 but I would be willing to split them
    Last edited by jamie_abb; 10-04-2010 at 07:39 PM.
    06 LSV
    2 - 750lb Fatsacks, Custom Sunbrella Cover and Bimini, Kenwood KMR440MU and Amp Bazooka Tower Speakers, Aerial Mirror, Stargazer, 4 Port Heater.

Toys - O'Brien Natural, CWB Pure, IS Yellow Loogie, CWB Ride, Hyperlite Voyageur for the kids.

the weight limit with boat and trailer are more than the 3500 these two (1750 each)are rated for. tough spot to get the boat into. good luck
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

If your just worried about getting it sideways, what about a couple floor jacks on wheels? just get the tires like an inch off the floor with one jack under the axle on either side and scoot it over a bit... it won't take much to get it over enough that you can maneuver it yourself. I did that with my 05 LSV to get it into my in-laws garage (i have great inlaws!!!) and i only had to skid it over about 3 feet and we wiggled it around to get it sideways..

Geoff
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!

I had the same concerns as you with the boat and garage. As for the idea how to get it in for the winter looks like the others guys got you covered. As for the garage door issue..this is what we did.

When we bough the house it had 2 single doors and knowing i wanted a boat that wasnt going to do. What i did do is some research. The beam over the doors has to be min 12 tall, go across the entire width of the doors and be 6inches thick. This means a its a full load bearing beam and the center section between the 2 doors is purely decorative.

Call a garage door company out they will inspect it and tell you for free, course you tell them you want an estimate for a custom garage door and they always come measure it all for free LOL.

So after this i ordered a full custom made door to fit my garage. 2200 bucks. They will charge you the price of the door standard size larger then you need and cut it down for another fee. Nothing like double paying huh lol.

Then i took a saw zaw and a rope tied to my truck and cut and pulled the center section out.

Garage people came in installed my new door and single garage door opener and when all fixed.

Here is a pic of my original set up then a pic last year right after we got our boat. Those who know my boat will notice how striped and factory it looks LOL.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by BensonWdby View Post
    Before doing anythins measure the width of the door. If that is not a 9 foot door (i.e. only 7 or 8 ft) you won't get in the door at all. If it is a 9 ft door you only have about 4 inches per side between the boat guides at the top. I put my boat in through a 9 foot door all the time. The trick is to back it up so that you just barely miss the door on one side, buy less than an inch. It's easier tahn yo think. Once you get the tires through the door you can put the nose jack down and get it off the hitch and move it by hand - unless your driveway is too steep. You wold be surprised how much jockeying around you can do. Well at least that was true with the 99 Mobius. The LSV may be to heavy for that??
    I believe it's actually 9ft wide x 10 ft high, need to measure.
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV
    Stereo: Kenwood KMR-D562BT
    Ballast: 750 Surfside locker, 400 Surfside mid boat, 400 Gravity I, 400 Bow
    Surfboards: Inland Surfer Red Woody, Triple X Composite X 58"[/SIZE]

also, i already own wheel dollys for a car, i am just afraid of the weight.

I picked up a trailer dolly from Canadian Tire today to navigate the trailer in. it was $79, if anyone was interested.
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV
    Stereo: Kenwood KMR-D562BT
    Ballast: 750 Surfside locker, 400 Surfside mid boat, 400 Gravity I, 400 Bow
    Surfboards: Inland Surfer Red Woody, Triple X Composite X 58"[/SIZE]

what's a trailer dolly look like?

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet