Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Well I forgot to rotate yesterday and cracked it into several pieces. Maybe I should have been taking it off too. This was after another incident earlier in the day where one of the kids opened the rear locker cover just as I was getting ready to pull out. Busted the garage door and munched up the locker door.

Welcome to the club--Left the engine hatch up one time and pulled the boat out---damage's-garage door bent up, engine cover bent up so bad that when I did put it down it curled up about 6" in the front.

Really wish you werent part of this club-no glory in it. hope you can get it all fixed back up.

So what prop did you end up with and how did it run? vibration?
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Kaneboats,

PM me your home address so I can send you a rabbits foot! You have the worst luck!
    Hope you get everything fixed without having to spend too much money.

I am going to see about ordering just the panel. Luckily I felt something wasn't right and I stopped. So the locker door is munched up but I think I can save the hardware off it and the cover. Just need the panel itself. The garage door repair was $450. Only had to replace the bottom panel of the garage door and get a bunch of new bogey wheels -- everything else straightened out OK.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Dont feel to bad Kane same thing happened to me a couple month ago. I was working in the boat and left the engine bay cover open. Didnt do my second trip around double checking it all.

Jumped in the truck and idled out with the boat. Herd a huge crash and looked back only to see my garage door hanging down almost inside the boat.

I had punched a hole in the engine cover material and bent the door slightly. The garage door sprung and poped out of track and un raveled the cables on both sides.

I got the boat out, was able to fix the garage door myself.

Now i have a small tear the size of your thumb and going to get it fixed for 100 from the upholstery guy AWS uses.

Sucks man just sucks
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Wow here I felt like a complete moron when the same thing happened to me. Apparently it is more common then I thought.
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

I seem to have different people helping every time out and twin boys who are 10 that are getting more useful. I'm tired of doing everything myself every time. But, the tradeoff is that I have to be twice as vigilant. Hard to do some weekend mornings.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

well i got it in, and the garage door closed..

broke 3 wheel dollys getting it in and by breaking i mean the wheels shot off across the room...and its still not where I exactly want it.. but its in for the winter..

found some heavy duty dollys on Summit Racing website.

they will handle about ~2500lbs a Dolly.. the ones i used were only ~1000-1250lbs a dolly.
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV
    Stereo: Kenwood KMR-D562BT
    Ballast: 750 Surfside locker, 400 Surfside mid boat, 400 Gravity I, 400 Bow
    Surfboards: Inland Surfer Red Woody, Triple X Composite X 58"[/SIZE]

It's in there. That's the good part. Word of advice: Be careful getting it out!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    It's in there. That's the good part. Word of advice: Be careful getting it out!
    still need to move it out of the way, once i get my new dollys
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV
    Stereo: Kenwood KMR-D562BT
    Ballast: 750 Surfside locker, 400 Surfside mid boat, 400 Gravity I, 400 Bow
    Surfboards: Inland Surfer Red Woody, Triple X Composite X 58"[/SIZE]

I use 4 of these:

http://www.harborfreight.com/3-4-ton...et-of-two.html

They work like a charm!! Makes getting the boat in the garage a snap, maybe 5 minutes. They support the weight just fine and are very easy to use. They are not cheap, but one months of rent and you own them. I like having my boat at home rather than somewhere else. Hope this helps.