Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

maybe its your circulating pump ......try taking your thermostat right out and running it without one...if it still overheats then maybe thats the cause.......not to be cute but make sure your thermostat is not upside down . by no means an expert here just .02
    Last edited by DOCDRS; 10-06-2010 at 10:26 PM.
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by DOCDRS View Post
    maybe its your circulating pump ......try taking your thermostat right out and running it without one...if it still overheats then maybe thats the cause.......not to be cute but make sure your thermostat is not upside down . by no means an expert here just .02

I thought about the thermostat it does`t fit upside down in the housing.
    I removed the belt and spun the circulation pump by hand i could here it sloshing in the water so i figured it was good the only thing i could come up with is the impeller pump housing on the cover & the side in the pump has groves that form a circle do you think this could cause it to loose suction
    i`m going to Sherbrook Qc Saturday i`m going to stop at the dealer while passing bye.

Thanks
    2012 Mobius LSV
    05 Outback LS SOLD

what engine do you have?
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Just a thought, the complete system you are looking at also includes the gauge. Fluke used to sell some Multimeters that had the capability to use a K type thermalcouple. I guess my point here is to verify that the gauge is indeed reading correct before spending too much money on water pump parts. I think I spent less than 100 dollars for the meter and thermalcouple but that was a few years back. You might have mentioned it but did you check the inlet hose before the transmission cooler? There is a small screen there also.

Quote Originally Posted by DOCDRS View Post
    what engine do you have?
    Engine is a 325 TBI

The dealer most suspected a leak from pump to inlet maybe the seal on back of pump even if it does`t leak water it can pull air in, if that all checks out good it could also be a HEAD GASKET engine does`t miss,sputter,no water in oil so i find the head gasket hard to believe.
    2012 Mobius LSV
    05 Outback LS SOLD

If you loosen the j hose on top of the tstat housing and there is water coming out of the housing then you have a good supply. If you take your tstat right out and it over heats then i'm betting that its your circulating pump....but then I don't always win every bet.......02 sounds like you are getting water its just not being circulated thru the engine
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

Doug

i don`t now what to think any more, i did not try running without a stat
    for the circulation pump when i turn it by hand i could here it sloshing in the water (it should be good) unless when there is resistance the pump wont turn.
    2012 Mobius LSV
    05 Outback LS SOLD

You might have a clog in the line. When you are not moving the pump does not have enough power to pull water but when you are moving water is being forced in.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Don't our engines have two water pumps? The one that pulls from the water and delivers to the engine and the one that actually circulates it through the engine (standard chevy 350 water pump).

Have you tried to hook up a fresh water line with it out of the water to see if water is coming out of your exhaust?
    2005 Air Nautique SV211 Team Edition
    99 Moomba Boomerang- Sold

Quote Originally Posted by papou View Post
    is it normal for the water impeller to keep it`s shape after removed from pump
    Just commenting on your photo of the impeller with the curved vanes. I just pulled my impeller and all the vanes immediately straightened out and looks like new - none of them are curved. So I think the fact that yours are permanently cuved means that it is not drawing enough water thru your intake.

I just completed my second season on this impeller. At the end of the season, I always take it out, coat it with vaseline, and put in a ziplock bag over the winter per the owner's manual so I think that helps keep it flexible and the vanes straight.

I also never ever start my boat unless it's in the water or I have the fake a lake attached.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV