Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Water pump is this normal

is it normal for the water impeller to keep it`s shape after removed from pump this is my second one this year i have different temp reading at different rpm`s on idle the temp would go past 180 my thermostat is a 160
    my first impeller lasted 30 hours all fins were there it looked a little worse would not pump water no more the one in the pic has 40 hours and it would no longer pump on idle.

strainer,trans cooler ,hoses are all clear and clean.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2012 Mobius LSV
    05 Outback LS SOLD

Perfectly normal. My boat runs at 175ish at all times, unless Im on the throttle and realllllllly circulating a lot of water. Not sure why yours isnt pumping, did a new impeller fix the problem? I dont feel like you are having impeller issues. Maybe the thermostat is stuck?
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by lewisb13 View Post
    Perfectly normal. My boat runs at 175ish at all times, unless Im on the throttle and realllllllly circulating a lot of water. Not sure why yours isnt pumping, did a new impeller fix the problem? I dont feel like you are having impeller issues. Maybe the thermostat is stuck?
    at first i changed the thermostat it did`t fix the problem it still overheated i pulled out the impeller and i was worse then the pic put a new one problem solved 40 hours later this one won`t pump on idle.
    2012 Mobius LSV
    05 Outback LS SOLD

Damn. I maintain 160 degrees all the time and I just finished my 3rd season on the original impeller.

I guess it depends on the water quality. Our river is mostly rocks so there is no sand that would damage the impeller.
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

I noticed it a volvo penta impeller........try a johnson 812b impeller...maybe they are a higher quality?
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by DOCDRS View Post
    I noticed it a volvo penta impeller........try a johnson 812b impeller...maybe they are a higher quality?
    my first one was a johnson 812 i tried the volvo thinking it might be a better quality
    2012 Mobius LSV
    05 Outback LS SOLD

check all clamps, re tape your strainer fittings, empty the strainer and see how quick it fills up when you start it up. Maybe you are sucking air but once under way the scoop forces water into the engine
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by DOCDRS View Post
    check all clamps, re tape your strainer fittings, empty the strainer and see how quick it fills up when you start it up. Maybe you are sucking air but once under way the scoop forces water into the engine
    That`s probably my next step i`ll have to wait till spring

thanks
    2012 Mobius LSV
    05 Outback LS SOLD

Well i could`t wait for spring so i put the boat back in the water to solve this problem i installed my old J 812 checked all my clamps ,strainer all is good
    started engine on idle the strainer filled in 3 seconds so i went for a ride and after 10 minutes on idle in gear it started to over heat i loosen the hose at the trans cooler an the was plenty of water being pumped at this point it`s in limp mode i decided to change the thermostat again this time a 140 went in just a try my temp gauge still went to 180 and within 10 it was overheating at this point a gave up took it out and re winterized it.

This spring i`ll take a trip to the dealer.

if anyone has any ideas great i`ll try any thing at this point
    2012 Mobius LSV
    05 Outback LS SOLD

It sure sounds to me like there is an obstruction somewhere in the cooling system. I guess I don't know where it could be, but it's got to be somewhere. You've got a strainer, so it seems weird that you'd get anything large enough in the engine to make it overheat.
    I'm baffled, though, I'm not the most knowledgeable about these bad boys as I wish I were!
    2015 Supra SC400
    08 LSV - Sold
    Go big, or go home.