Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AXIS vs LSV

Default AXIS vs LSV

My buddy just bought a new AXIS A-22 with a 335 horse Idmar. It has the standard prop now but he is getting the high altitude prop installed. My problem is that with his wedge down and the 900lbs of ballist it is still a rocket out of the hole. It will also run 52mph top end with no wedge or ballist. I have an 04 LSV with the FI Idmar 325 horse and the stock prop. It does not have the pop out of the hole with no ballist and will only run about 40 top end. His boat weights about 600lbs more than mine and feels like it has way more power than 10 extra horses. Any thoughts?

Your TBI versus his MPI. MPI wins! (thottle-body versus multi-port)
    2005 XLV, upgraded ballast, Comptech swivel wakeboard and hydrofoil racks, Monster cargo bimini

Peak HP ratings can be misleading but something does not sound right with that Axis IMO.

I would be interested to know what prop is installed and I would also calibrate the speedo with a GPS.
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

Malibu's topend speed is pretty sick in most of their wake series boats. Oh, and they sound so mean while accelerating.

Why and when do you need to run 52 mph? Do you barefoot?

In this specific questioning, which boat has a better wake for the sport you are trying to do? Which boat suits your overall needs (room, features, price)?

When I did have a Malibu, it was the fastest boat that I have owned. I was a carb engine and it would easily get to 50+. It had a strong hole shot, but probably not the strongest as my MC was a little better there.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

This sounds pretty impossible I old believe the 52mph if I seen it on the gps. On the other hand. My ls does 42mph and my cousins much smaller calbria tops out at 36 mph but that is a simple prop Chang

Quote Originally Posted by dru1974 View Post
    This sounds pretty impossible I old believe the 52mph if I seen it on the gps. On the other hand. My ls does 42mph and my cousins much smaller calbria tops out at 36 mph but that is a simple prop Chang
    I had a friend who was always saying his boat would go 50 but somehow when we put our boats in the water at the same time my 44 was faster than his 50 go figure. So I rotated the spedo calibration and told him my boat was going 55 lol
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float

I know I my XLV with 325 cannot keep up with my friend's '04 Malibu LSV and my other friend's '07 LSV

I did GPS it because I could not believe we could go 52 with that hole shot. The boat ran super smooth in the rough water my boat would have beat you to death. It had a great ski wake at 32-38mph. With the wedge down and the ballist full the wake was pretty good at 21-23mph. My LSV has a crisper wake and mine is much narrower at 21-23mph than the AXIS which had a super wide wake at even 23mph. His boat had the power and wake height but I like the shape of my wake better.

You do kno thatbthese two boats motors are basicly identical rite?