Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default anti. done for winterfreeze

the quickest way is to install a quick flush kit, undo you hose between your manifolds take your hose off your shower. remove shower head install that hose into your quick flush turn on pump start motor and pump the antifreeze in , all done for winter. i live in canada it gets to minus 40 here your light would not work here

Quote Originally Posted by walb0244 View Post
    So a 60w light bulb puts off enough heat to keep the motor warm and not freezing up on me? My boat is kept out in the garage right now. Will try and move it to a shop soon so that the wind won't be as much of a factor. I figure wind chill might not help any.
    Wind chill is a perceived factor. Wind won't change block temp. Still better to keep it inside to contain heat though.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    water bottle trick is usually a good test.that will freez before your block
    I have one of those electronic clocks that displays outside temp using a remote sensor. Mine came with two sensors and you can toggle back and forth at the display unit between the two so my first year in Oregon, I put the second sensor in the engine compartment. So I could easily check what the temp was in there by toggling to sensor 2. It also records max high and low temp for each sensor. I winterized the boat but just did that out of curiousity. Worked great!
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    I have one of those electronic clocks that displays outside temp using a remote sensor. Mine came with two sensors and you can toggle back and forth at the display unit between the two so my first year in Oregon, I put the second sensor in the engine compartment. So I could easily check what the temp was in there by toggling to sensor 2. It also records max high and low temp for each sensor. I winterized the boat but just did that out of curiousity. Worked great!
    That is pretty cool. Might have to check into something like that just for an idea of how cold it gets in the compartment.

Quote Originally Posted by mustangairchair View Post
    the quickest way is to install a quick flush kit, undo you hose between your manifolds take your hose off your shower. remove shower head install that hose into your quick flush turn on pump start motor and pump the antifreeze in , all done for winter. i live in canada it gets to minus 40 here your light would not work here
    Can anyone describe this alittle better to me? Also, I don't have a shower on my boat. Does that change things?
    2006 Mobius LSV

I was just looking on west marine and found these:

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs...e=25-2190164-2

Not cheap but would definitely get you deep into the cold months

Why not Drain your block after use if you still ride every now and then in the winter months? That's free and takes about 10min. If not - winterize and into it for less than $100 imo.

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet