Default Vibrating Guide Posts?

I have a 2003 LS with the single axle trailer. When driving at highway speeds the guide poles shake back and forth a couple inches at the top.Earlier this year I saw the welds where the posts go through the steps and below at the frame were cracked 3/4 of the way around.I had everything re welded and just took a 1500 mile drive.They still shake.Anyone else have this prodlem and were you able to solve it?I feel after awhile the welds will rebreak.
    jy

I have the same issue you have. I did contact Boatmate about the issue. Due to excessive time laps, nothing would be done under warrenty which even I knew was clearly expired. They did say to me that the weld on the step was a poor design, common to crack. They did not say anything about the design, where it mounts to the frame rail. I rewelded mine once, to the frame rail, didnt worry about the step/fender to avoid any refinishing. Yep they still vibrate some but less than before. For me I just don't worry to much since my drive to the lake is very short, 2 mile @ 40 mph. I also suspect that if I did more long distance traveling my welds would break again.

The only two options that I saw were,#1 to add more material/strenghth to were the post mounts to the frame to better absorb reduce vibrations such as an L shaped bracket. Option 2 is to reduce the mass of the posts (meaning-shorten them), less mass, less vibration. But I don't feel the option 2 is the better.

I know that the newer trailers, I believe '09 Boatmate made the guides removeable via some quick release pins and eliminated the fender weld. I think the intention was to make the trailer fit in smaller areas w/o the guide poles but tyou could also remove them for long trips, eliminating the vibration concern.
    2003 Outback, Assault EFI, (6) Polk Audio DB651s, JL Audio M6600 amp, JL Audio M1700 amp, JL Audio 10w6v2 subwoofer

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopskier View Post
    I know that the newer trailers, I believe '09 Boatmate made the guides removeable via some quick release pins and eliminated the fender weld. I think the intention was to make the trailer fit in smaller areas w/o the guide poles but tyou could also remove them for long trips, eliminating the vibration concern.
    mine are removable on the 07 boatmate but I NEVER remove them for trips and i tow alot.

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet