Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by bzubke1 View Post
    why not just get it welded back up.

That unit looks to be a cast metal unit and not a solid aluminum piece and it would just break again. Castings don't take well to welding.
    2007 Mobius LSV

[QUOTE=badasshybrid;115400]Same as the one you have now.
    http://www.summitracing.com/parts/TRD-1045/

Oh I am disappointed to see that the Trans dApt 1045, which is now in my mailbox, is smaller than that on my boat. They are identical except that the base is made ​​for smaller filter. On the package they say for a filter # 1156.

Trans Dapt 1056 is the right part...

discontinued... wow its getting better

How much smaller a filter? That may not be a bad thing, my newer vehicles seem to run much smaller filters. I hope Engine Nut will chime in for us.....
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

half an inche

Call up any Indmar dealer in your area with your engine serial number and they should be able to order in.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinCaron View Post
    half an inche
    Call over to Indmar and ask for Larry. Give him your engine type/boat model and the max filter size that will fit that adapter. It will probably be fine. I know that my 2002 5.7 Indmar engine oil filter is much larger than my 5.3 Tahoe filter. I know that is a stretch of a comparison, but I would just check with Indmar. They are super helpful!!!
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

[QUOTE=MartinCaron;131670]
    Quote Originally Posted by badasshybrid View Post
    Same as the one you have now.
    http://www.summitracing.com/parts/TRD-1045/

Oh I am disappointed to see that the Trans dApt 1045, which is now in my mailbox, is smaller than that on my boat. They are identical except that the base is made ​​for smaller filter. On the package they say for a filter # 1156.
    Using the link to Summit Racing provided, I see the filter uses 3/4-16 in threads. If I remember right (from my days working in an auto repair shop) that is a common Ford/Chrysler filter, used on Ford V8 5.0 and 5.8 engines or a shorter version used on Chrysler V8 5.2 and 5.9 engines. It may be worth taking the adapter to an auto parts store and check into this. It may save you some headaches and get you back on the water. I can only remember Fram part numbers, PH8 or PH16. I would think that the filtering capacity would be the same between the two. You would be using a Ford filter instead of a Chevy filter. I hope that may help you out some in your situation.
    2003 Outback, Assault EFI, (6) Polk Audio DB651s, JL Audio M6600 amp, JL Audio M1700 amp, JL Audio 10w6v2 subwoofer