Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

My li'l brother is about 6'1" and he still hasn't adjusted to the tower cans hanging on this boat or the last one. Say what you want but not being extra tall has it's advantaages, right T100? I've never hit my head on the cans.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I found out Skiers Choice does not offer the 4 tower speakers with light bar on the Outback V as an option. Probably due to the extra weight.

I am now searching for some Roswell single can tower speakers like these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=50437

Accept the ones listed above are more than I am ready to pay.
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

whats the obsession with the roswell setup with coax's, lots of great alternatives and look good as well without breaking the bank.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    whats the obsession with the roswell setup with coax's, lots of great alternatives and look good as well without breaking the bank.
    I would just prefer to keep everything stock looking. I am sure it will help when it comes time to sell.
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

Quote Originally Posted by deafgoose View Post
    I would just prefer to keep everything stock looking. I am sure it will help when it comes time to sell.
    Not in the boat world in my experience, people don't care. All they care about is that it has it (whatever it is) stock or not.

As an example, my last boat should have sold for no more than $9K but i had a guy that wanted it so bad, and mostly due to all the non-stock goodies, that he paid $12K for it. That's how it is in the boat market.

Also keep this in mind, the stock tower speakers sorry to say aren't worth a crap and most people know it. BUT if they see something better well then it's all good.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
    Also keep this in mind, the stock tower speakers sorry to say aren't worth a crap and most people know it. BUT if they see something better well then it's all good.
    Interesting.

I wish the aftermarket tower speakers were not so "hardcore" looking. I really don't like the look of wetsounds or exile speakers.

The Roswell cans look like good quality but the kicker speakers might need replacing.

Then go with dual cans per side and the Kicker HLCD setup. And let me re-phrase a bit. It's not that the stock Kickers are crap, just not really applicable to a tower setup, if your looking for good sound wakeboarding those aren't it.
    Last edited by Razzman; 10-03-2010 at 08:44 PM.
    2007 Mobius LSV

bullet and krypt look good in cans that you can buy yourself
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

We discontinued carrying all polished aluminum pods years ago once we saw how badly they oxidize in a season or so. The import polished pods will dull even if you wipe them down with something no more abrasive than a paper towel. Once you get behind on maintenance you've got to pull them off the tower and put them on a buffing machine to restore. Its a pain. Import chrome and powdercoating should not be trusted. I'm also not real confident in hanging heavy HLCDs from the lighter duty import collars. We all use the same import collars but in our case we restrict their usage to conventional speakers or HLCDs with lightweight Neo midbass magnets. Spend a little more and go with quality whether it be WetSounds, Exile, Kicker HLCDs or Bullet HollowPoints. Exile has a really nice all-black 6 1/2 tower coaxial and Bullet HollowPoint has an oversized 7.7-inch tower coaxial. The 7.7 HollowPoint only has a total of 8 3/4-inch maximum hang height including the collar which is about as compact of a package as you will find. And, coaxials are not going to be as demanding power wise as HLCDs which will positively impact your budget. Just a few things to consider.

David
    Earmark Marine

i agree with this! it is a pain in the rear to keep them clean & time consuming. and it has to be done multiple times per year.
    '08 OBV-gravity III with two 550 lb & one 400 lb, 3 pair of Kicker KM613 cabin speakers, Kicker KM10 sub, one set KM6500.2 HLCD tower speakers, Kicker ZXM700.5 amp, Kicker ZX450.2 & Kenwood KMR-440U head unit