Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Roswell Tower Speakers/Lights on Outback V? *pic*

I want to buy these tower speakers but I am afraid it will look ridiculous on my boat.

I am not able to find a single picture of this exact setup installed on an Outback V.

Were these tower speaker even an option from the factory for the OBV?

2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

If there is adequate width inside the Outback tower then why would it look any different on your boat? The difference in 2 3/8 and 1 5/8 has no bearing other than getting the right collars or inserts. If that is what you want then go for it. Realizing that the Outback has a harder radius to the outside and that the Roswell drops the outside pods a bit, I've got a pretty good mind's eye in visualizing things and it looks pretty good to me.

David
    Earmark Marine
    Last edited by EarmarkMarine; 09-30-2010 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EarmarkMarine View Post
    If there is adequate width inside the Outback tower then why would it look any different on your boat? The difference in 2 3/8 and 1 5/8 has no bearing other than getting the right collars or inserts. If that is what you want then go for it. Realizing that the Outback has a harder radius to the outside and that the Roswell drops the outside pods a bit, I've got a pretty good mind's eye in visualizing things and it looks pretty good to me.

David
    Earmark Marine
    The tube thickness is not an issue for me and I know the tower is wide enough. I am just worried that it will look very bulky.

I would also like to know if this setup was even an option from the factory. It does have quite a bit a weight so when trailering the boat, I don't want to create hairline cracks in the gelcoat at the tower base.
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

wear your helmet, you'll be banging your head all day unless your like 5'4" on the OBV
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    wear your helmet, you'll be banging your head all day unless your like 5'4" on the OBV
    Yep. I am 5' 9" so I already thought about that.

The risk to reward ratio on this one is tricky.

Deafgoose -

With a 1.5/8 tower you should be critical of all weight going on that tower or you'll get spaghetti motion in rough water.

Do you already have the lightbar? There was a guy awhile back that was integrating XM7 HLCD's onto his tower and I think he was going to get rid of his whole bar/speaker combo. I'll look and see if I can find his info and pm it to you.

Also, I'd agree with David... If you did go with this combo, why would it look bad? And how much power are you going to run to the setup?

-Brian
    Exile Audio

While we don't sell that item, we install that rig all the time for our local Moomba/Supra dealer. Those are conventional speakers and the all-aluminum bar/pods is not that heavy. Its suspended by two collars only. Have not heard of or seen a problem to date.

David
    Earmark Marine

Yeah - I concur. I don't see why they would look any different on your boat than the pic you posted? Although i didn't have the light bar combo, last year I did have 4 of the roswell cans and it looked fine imo. I think the lightbar combo looks better than the 4 individual cans even. Not the OBV but you get the picture (pun )
    Attached Images Attached Images

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

I think with thw 1 5/8 tower you have to watch the overall weight on it. Board racks, tower speakers etc. I have two krypt 6.5's hlcds spread out for head clearance in aerial pods they weigh about 12lbs a piece. so if you going to upgrade the roswell bar to some type of hlcd's it will be very heavy almost 50 to 60 lbs, plus boards with be very heavy.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

At 6'2" I would soooo knock myself out if I installed something like that. My 3 year old learned some great new words when I smacked my noggin against one of the cans this past summer. For the longest time whenver he hurt himself he would say "Son of a b----!"

Needles to say the little Mrs. was not impressed. The first time I heard him say it I was drinking hot coffee and shot it out my nose! Yeow!
    2011 President's Trophy - Check
    2011 Western Confernece Champs - Check
    2011 Stanley Cup Champs - Not so Much....

2007 Outback V