Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Zero Off / Stargazer

Anyone put zero off on their moomba? I just got an outback (08 DBW) and need to buy a system either stargazer or ZO. Any good deals on getting ZO for less than $1590? I know I can get Stargazer for about $1150 shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by usaski1 View Post
    Anyone put zero off on their moomba? I just got an outback (08 DBW) and need to buy a system either stargazer or ZO. Any good deals on getting ZO for less than $1590? I know I can get Stargazer for about $1150 shipped.
    What are the advantages of zero off when compared to perfect pass?

I am pretty sure people upgrade to pp because the boat is already pre-wired for it.
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

I just bought stargazer. I was down for ZO, but needed a new ecm, and that killed it price wise. Most people prefer skiiing behind stargazer seems like.

You don't need a new ECM for ZO on an 08 Moomba. However, the system must be wired into your wiring loom. Which means cut and slice. It is recommended that you have someone do it. I have asked Jeremy at ZO to make a harness for the 08 Moomba, but the demand doesn't seem to be there.

ZO is a little better in a lot of respects if you are skiing the course. If you are not on the course, PP is a better option.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Eric at Zero Off said I had to get a new ECM. I told him I had an 08, and he said ZO wasent a factory option on that year boat, and that a new ECM is required. so I bought stargazer.

$1150 shipped...wow, got mine for $949 shipped

Smile

It figures you got a product cheaper in the states even though the product is Canadian made. Go figure.
    07 Outback DD

$949... that sounds like PP wakeboard edition.. dont want that.

If you are going to compete in slalom ZO is your best bet if you can make it fit - that is what they are required to use in US competition. I have very little experience with PP but I am told that there are noticeable differences - at least for some. If you are going to spring for $XXX, might be worth the additioinal $Y to get the apprpriate system.

Personally we still drive by hand on a carb'd 99 Mobius. Definitely takes some adjustment when I ski behind ZO.
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

I installed perfect pass today.. took me about 2 hours... and I didnt have a clue what I was doing. Piece of cake though, and seems to work well on first test out. Must have done something right, set it to gps trick, and worked like a charm! Also tried slalom.. have to set my baseline a bit I think, its running fast. Now just gotta figure out the @#$@ buttons and menus all over again. Thanks for the input.