Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by smokedog2 View Post
    Well,

Lake house owners have lower hours for two main reasons. First, lots of friends with boats that want to drive. Second, lots of work to do on the lake house. My 05 LSV just went in to be winterized, a sad day. I spent 6 hours at the lake house doing chores. Still beats being home. I have a dry suit. I wish I had gotten one more set in - oh well.

It is a weekend gig. I added up last year, 36-40 days at the lake depending on how you count. Is a day of work "a day at the lake." (yes, yes it is). Total boat hours this year about 80 but we usually have 2-4 boats on any given weekens.
    1st rule at the lake house, projects all stop at 11:00 am. to enjoy watersports swimming and relaxing, not always in that order..
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    sorry can't figure out the multi quote thing.
    Joe,

To multi-quote, hit the icon to the right of "Quote" for each post that you want to quote. Then go to the bottom of the thread and click the "Post Reply" button on the bottom left.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Showing off for JM

Quote Originally Posted by bzubke1 View Post
    I think the reason for that might be that people who live on the water might only go out when conditions are really good and there's not to many people out. For us that live off the water we just decide to go a certain day and then make the best of it.

Just got off the water our total is up to 180 for the year.
    Yeah, that makes some sense. But I typically only go out when the weather forecast is good and if turns out to be blown out, we might tube a bit then just throw the anchor and swim and hang out.

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    Al, ours is a second home so weekends it is, except for a week or two during summer vacation. with a lake house comes lots of other work, sled will chime in now. kinda get spoiled that we pick when the perfect time to go and do "watersports" if its rough we don't go, just enjoy and BBQ , campfires etc.
    we have a one year old so with out the house the boat would have been gone already 1 to 2 hrs is plenty for her on the water.

ooh lake house is 60 miles away

ps. let me know when you get the 6600 tuned in to since our setups are similar i can try to emulate your setup.
    Yeah, I think those that live full time at the lake would get more hours in than those that have a lakehouse for a second home.

Well,

Lake house owners have lower hours for two main reasons. First, lots of friends with boats that want to drive. Second, lots of work to do on the lake house. My 05 LSV just went in to be winterized, a sad day. I spent 6 hours at the lake house doing chores. Still beats being home. I have a dry suit. I wish I had gotten one more set in - oh well.

It is a weekend gig. I added up last year, 36-40 days at the lake depending on how you count. Is a day of work "a day at the lake." (yes, yes it is). Total boat hours this year about 80 but we usually have 2-4 boats on any given weekens.
    Yeah, I suppose most lakehouses do need a lot of upkeep. Other than mmandley, I have not gone out on any other boats this summer so almost all my surfing and boarding have been done behind my boat.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Well,

So here is my take on low hours on my boat - which is on a lift at lake 65 minutes away.
    1. Boat is on lift - weekends only, but normally weekends are Thursday night to Monday night for me so I should get more time - but not...
    2. I used to have a boat load of people to ski with. For a variety of reasons it is now down to me most of the time.
    3. When I go - I slalom. Slalom runs are a lot more intense than wakebaord or tubing runs. I would be very surprised if the total time above water slalom skiing in any set exceeds 15 minutes, probably closer to 10. At 34 mph a pass through the course is about 18 seconds. When I was in training this summer (somone elses boat) 6 passes was about max in a set. That included coaching after each pass. That takes about 20-30 minutes max and the boat is only running half that. Almost impossible to get 3 sets a day - conditions, people, scheduling, physcial conditioning, wear and tear on your hands..
    4. About 50% of my time is behind someone elses boat, and although I try to reciprocate, they prefer their boat.
    5. We have ample opportunity but my driver refuses to pull me without a spotter, so the boat sits unless I can round up someone. That would be OK if the spotter was a skier, but despite lots of friendly offers, it is just wierd going door to door pandering for help.
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

I'm with ya there Benson. Skiing doesn't take long and I'm amazed how little time is put on the engine. My buddy and I share the rides with his Prostar and my Moomba. We agreed to split the fines if we get caught without a spotter but we go out early morning or evening and we are done in an hour. We get glass every time we go out and no boats. I can't imagine what it would be with boat traffic and waves to contend with. I did more skiing this year than the last two years.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by zabooda View Post
    I'm with ya there Benson. Skiing doesn't take long and I'm amazed how little time is put on the engine. My buddy and I share the rides with his Prostar and my Moomba. We agreed to split the fines if we get caught without a spotter but we go out early morning or evening and we are done in an hour. We get glass every time we go out and no boats. I can't imagine what it would be with boat traffic and waves to contend with. I did more skiing this year than the last two years.
    I wish.

In Canada, its not only a fine but a criminal offense because you are endangering the life of the person you are pulling without a spotter.

I am proud to not have a criminal record. The risk to reward ratio is pretty nuts on this one.
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

They take that spotter business more serious up there. I like Oregon's law and some other states with either a spotter or a mirror. Washington law sucks. The flag and spotter is a good thing when there are other boats but when we're the only one around it's like using a turn signal on a vacant road.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

About 42 hours for us. We do the lake house thing on a small lake so no need to travel far to get a ride in...just float off lift and go. Our lake house is 3 hrs away but we try to get up every weekend June thru September. The way I see it I'm paying a mortgage and taxes on it, we are going to use it. There are always chores, but most don't take long. Any major work we try to do in the off season. The spotter thing affects us too every so often as well. The neighbors have boats too so that also limits hours on ours. Next door neighbor is in the process of purchasing a Centurion Avalanche with a Switchblade...can't wait to surf behind that thing.
    2008 Outback V

You guys need to move to bama where all you need is a tiny little mirror.
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD

35 hours, religously

1st summer 35 hours
    2nd summer hour meter hit 70
    and this summer I'm on the trailer winterized and headed for storage at a whoppin' 105 hours.

The funny thing is, our boat runs just about everyday, this year we added a great big brawler to our stable of water toys thinking it would give the kids something to ride when the water was too rough to ski. Still 35 hours

imagine that