Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

put on 71 hours this year so in a year and a half i have 102 hours on the boat.
    went out sunday water temp was 64 and air temp was 65. and struggled to find a spotter. its funny when its nice out you have all kinds of friends that wanna go on the boat when it starts getting chilly all of sudden everyone you call is busy! but hours spent on the boat this year was twice that... spend a lot of hours anchored out relaxing.
    08 lsv all red- dual battery system, kicker 700.5 and 450.2 amp, 10" kicker sub, wetsounds eq, polk db651 cabin speakers, exile xm7 tower speakers, ss thru hull fittings, seadek pad, evolutions cover

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=10664

70 some hours. Going strong till soccer season and coaching 2 teams kicked in. We boatpool so I spend over 100hrs a season.

Past Friday in southern Ohio was 94 degrees and 76 water. Sunday was 64 degrees and 72 water. Next week will be 50s for the high and the water should be mid 60s so break out the wetsuit if no wind and some sun.

Will probably get 5 hrs more on the boat. Need to move South.

Quote Originally Posted by BobP View Post
    Next door neighbor is in the process of purchasing a Centurion Avalanche with a Switchblade...can't wait to surf behind that thing.
    Doublecheck on the switchblade. Our shop here won't sell a centurion with a switchblade if your primary intent is to surf. It doesn't help the wake. 1500lb enzo sacs are all you need..

Quote Originally Posted by sailing217 View Post
    Need to move South.
    I keep saying that too when they gripe about 75deg water temps but I'm sure that once you have lived in the south for a few years, you lose the northern tolerance for cold water(spoiled)..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    I'm sure that once you have lived in the south for a few years, you lose the northern tolerance for cold water(spoiled)..
    Yes, you do. And you don't miss it. You get a little picky about when you go out as opposed to going any chance you get when you live north.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zabooda View Post
    They take that spotter business more serious up there. I like Oregon's law and some other states with either a spotter or a mirror. Washington law sucks. The flag and spotter is a good thing when there are other boats but when we're the only one around it's like using a turn signal on a vacant road.
    Actually, Oregon requires a spotter as well.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by zabooda View Post
    They take that spotter business more serious up there. I like Oregon's law and some other states with either a spotter or a mirror. Washington law sucks. The flag and spotter is a good thing when there are other boats but when we're the only one around it's like using a turn signal on a vacant road.
    Having a spotter is a good thing. Yes it is annoying at times, but it saves lives. And you never know when another boat might be out on the water when you thought that you were the only one. We were the only boat in the stretch of water I was in, when a boat turned the corner and hit us.
    Nate

I doubt I would have the hours we do if we had to have a spotter everytime we go out. It's usually just me and my brother.

honestly I don't see a safety issue with having just a mirror over a spotter. If you're a good driver you know when you're rider is gonna fall and most of the time you can feel a tug or something on the boat. I think the more people in the boat the more distractions you have. On the other hand having an extra person would be helpful in those situations where someone has a major injury like a broken leg, gets knocked out, torn acl.
    -2012 Supra Launch 21V
    -2008 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    We usually back the boat off the trailer, then fill the sacks and start the water sports (mmandley gives me sh$t about this all the time ). Once we are done riding, we will sit and float for a while and have a few beverages but we're not putting any hours on the boat so that doesn't count.
    Can't quite figure this one out
    I'm just funnin you Al when i tease about this lol. I think its funny cause as soon as we are away from the dock, i mean like 50 FT Al turns and looks at the crew and says ok whos up? No chance to grab a beer to break the stress, enjoy a little ride, set up the Tunes <Al your guilty of these lately> I just find it entertaining because its Not Al who is going in first its someone else LOL.

As for our boat we only got 50 hrs this year. Up in the NW Summer was late and short. We didn't really get any water time till almost July. We spent a lot fo time July and 1st two weeks of August. We went on a camping trip and a trip to Lake Billy. Even those we didn't have the best of weather. Our boat has been in the garage for over a month now and all the sudden we have 80 and sun for a week plus. No crews now because they all went back to college or doing other things.

Im fortunate i know plenty of NW people and one of the best is Al so i get to go with him and then we both have a crew LOL.

As for the weather yes we have had lots of decent weather but it doesnt count when its Thurs Fri Sat and i work those 3 days every week.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    Doublecheck on the switchblade. Our shop here won't sell a centurion with a switchblade if your primary intent is to surf. It doesn't help the wake. 1500lb enzo sacs are all you need..

I keep saying that too when they gripe about 75deg water temps but I'm sure that once you have lived in the south for a few years, you lose the northern tolerance for cold water(spoiled)..
    Hmmm, interesting on the switchblade. I guess we'll have to see...its already on so hopefully it wont hurt things (cant see how it would) and you can always add/changes sacs.
    2008 Outback V

Thanks Cab as I stand corrected on the spotter. I see Oregon doesn't allow water activities after sunset where Washington allows 1/2 hour after sunset which we do in the summer evenings.

Prohibited actions when water skiing or using other towed devices: (ORS 830.365)

Reckless, negligent riding of towed devices endangering persons or property.
    Water skiing or towing devices from sunset to sunrise.
    Operation of towing boat or other devices that may lead to potential collision of water skier with a person or object.
    Water skiing while under the influence of intoxicants.
    Towing skier without continuous observation of skier by an observer.
    Operating without a "skier down" flag.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD