Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by deafgoose View Post
    Damn. Lots of you guys have low hours.

It would be cheaper to pay for lessons on a wakeboard school boat!!!

When I calculate boat loan, gas, docking fees, storage, winterization etc.. It's rougly $10,000 per year.

If I only put 23hrs on my boat, that would be $434/hour!!!!
    The only cost I have is insurance, tags and fuel. The only thing I ever considered was to split ownership but I like it to be available when I need it. I spent around $620 on my boat this year so my figure is $27/hour. I also have other toys that get seasonal use so they have low hours on them also. I find if I do too much of one thing I get bored and get out of it entirely but at least I use the stuff as there are other people who never get their boat out.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by zabooda View Post
    The only cost I have is insurance, tags and fuel. The only thing I ever considered was to split ownership but I like it to be available when I need it. I spent around $620 on my boat this year so my figure is $27/hour. I also have other toys that get seasonal use so they have low hours on them also. I find if I do too much of one thing I get bored and get out of it entirely but at least I use the stuff as there are other people who never get their boat out.
    Did you get the boat for free?
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

We had a great summer.

I put 120hrs this year. Total is now 260hrs since 2008.
    Do you not have a job?
    2011 President's Trophy - Check
    2011 Western Confernece Champs - Check
    2011 Stanley Cup Champs - Not so Much....

2007 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by Canuckle Head View Post
    Do you not have a job?
    HAHA!!! Kinda.

I run an online pet store so my hours are mega flexible. I can process an order from my boat on my iPad so I try and get out every day its nice.
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

Interesting trend I am seeing on this thread is that those with lakehouses tend to put less hours on their boats. I don't get that at all. All 75 of my hours this year were spent either wakeboarding, surfing, or tubing with very little cruising. We usually back the boat off the trailer, then fill the sacks and start the water sports (mmandley gives me sh$t about this all the time ). Once we are done riding, we will sit and float for a while and have a few beverages but we're not putting any hours on the boat so that doesn't count. If I lived on a lake or river, I would think that I would be putting more hours on the boat, not less, cause I'd be going out in the evenings after work as well which I don't do now. Or maybe for those of you that have a lakehouse, it's a second home so you only get out there on the weekends?

Can't quite figure this one out
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

I think the reason for that might be that people who live on the water might only go out when conditions are really good and there's not to many people out. For us that live off the water we just decide to go a certain day and then make the best of it.

Just got off the water our total is up to 180 for the year.
    -2012 Supra Launch 21V
    -2008 Mobius LSV

Al, ours is a second home so weekends it is, except for a week or two during summer vacation. with a lake house comes lots of other work, sled will chime in now. kinda get spoiled that we pick when the perfect time to go and do "watersports" if its rough we don't go, just enjoy and BBQ , campfires etc.
    we have a one year old so with out the house the boat would have been gone already 1 to 2 hrs is plenty for her on the water.

ooh lake house is 60 miles away

ps. let me know when you get the 6600 tuned in to since our setups are similar i can try to emulate your setup.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Damn. Lots of you guys have low hours.

It would be cheaper to pay for lessons on a wakeboard school boat!!!

When I calculate boat loan, gas, docking fees, storage, winterization etc.. It's rougly $10,000 per year.

If I only put 23hrs on my boat, that would be $434/hour!!!!
    i have a golf membership like that, i think it costs me like 400 per round

sorry can't figure out the multi quote thing.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

only about 30 hours or so this year Bad Bad weather for boating. Already used the boat more in September than all the rest of the summer! I think I need to start a thread call "how many miles driven per year trying to get to water". Have to tow a minimum of 1hour just to get to the closest source..........Damn I put some miles on my trailer.

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    Interesting trend I am seeing on this thread is that those with lakehouses tend to put less hours on their boats. I don't get that at all. All 75 of my hours this year were spent either wakeboarding, surfing, or tubing with very little cruising. We usually back the boat off the trailer, then fill the sacks and start the water sports (mmandley gives me sh$t about this all the time ). Once we are done riding, we will sit and float for a while and have a few beverages but we're not putting any hours on the boat so that doesn't count. If I lived on a lake or river, I would think that I would be putting more hours on the boat, not less, cause I'd be going out in the evenings after work as well which I don't do now. Or maybe for those of you that have a lakehouse, it's a second home so you only get out there on the weekends?

Can't quite figure this one out
    Well,

Lake house owners have lower hours for two main reasons. First, lots of friends with boats that want to drive. Second, lots of work to do on the lake house. My 05 LSV just went in to be winterized, a sad day. I spent 6 hours at the lake house doing chores. Still beats being home. I have a dry suit. I wish I had gotten one more set in - oh well.

It is a weekend gig. I added up last year, 36-40 days at the lake depending on how you count. Is a day of work "a day at the lake." (yes, yes it is). Total boat hours this year about 80 but we usually have 2-4 boats on any given weekens.