Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

just made it to 60 hours this year, not to bad considering we dont get on the water until may 20 and usually the mid sept it is over. Oh and I have a 1.5 year old in the boat. No putting around just riding this summer, he wouldnt let us cruise!

I see that ours in idaho are very similar to yours posted zab..

have someone at work that did get a $89 ticket for failure to have a spotter. expensive, and second time requires a boating class.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Default Spotter or No Spotter

Here in MT:
    Water skiing and other towed recreation is not allowed between sunset and sunrise.
    There must be at least two people in the towing boat: an operator and a person to observe the skier. If the operator is 12 or younger, the observer must be at least 18.

In WY:
    No motorboat which shall have in tow or shall be
    otherwise assisting a person on water skis, aquaplane
    or similar contrivance, shall be operated or
    propelled in or upon any waterway, unless such
    motorboat shall be occupied by at least two (2) persons.
    Provided, that this subsection shall not apply
    to motorboats used by representatives of duly
    constituted water ski schools in the giving of instruction,
    or to motorboats used in duly authorized
    water ski tournaments, competitions, expositions,
    or trials therefore, or to any motorboat equipped
    with a wide angle rear view mirror.
    No motorboat shall have in tow or shall otherwise
    be assisting a person on water skis, aquaplane
    or similar contrivance from the period of one (1)
    hour after sunset to one (1) hour prior to sunrise.

Needless to say Wyoming is a bit more liberal

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

or wyoming is a LOT less populated.. no need to worry about running into others when there's 2 of you on the lake

I managed 40 hours on my bayliner before i sold it and have 12 on the LSV since August 10 which is after were done holidays. I am lucky in the fact that the lake is a 15-20 minute drive from our house and the boat stays there all summer. We have a cabin but it's not lakefront so i'm working on getting a boat lift set up for next year. Our year was Shat as far as weather was concerned... my goal will be to get 50 hours a year on the boat!!

Geoff
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!

115 hours since April '08, so that's 57.5 average a year so far. We have spotter regs here too fortunately our oldest grandson goes out everytime the boat does so it's never been an issue.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    I'm just funnin you Al when i tease about this lol. I think its funny cause as soon as we are away from the dock, i mean like 50 FT Al turns and looks at the crew and says ok whos up? No chance to grab a beer to break the stress, enjoy a little ride, set up the Tunes <Al your guilty of these lately> I just find it entertaining because its Not Al who is going in first its someone else LOL.
    LOL! I am just being the gracious host offering my guests first pull. Either that or I want someone else to go first while I scope out where is the best water that day The last time was pretty funny though - I had rewired the ground on the head unit so all the settings went back to default, and we couldn't figure out right away how to turn the aux-in back on. So Brady, one of our regulars, who raised his hand to go first, was patiently sitting in the 60 degree water, wakeboard on, waiting for us to figure it out

We did go on 4 long weekend boating trips this summer so I put a lot of hours on those trips.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

[QUOTE=sandm;115000]Doublecheck on the switchblade. Our shop here won't sell a centurion with a switchblade if your primary intent is to surf. It doesn't help the wake. 1500lb enzo sacs are all you need..QUOTE]

Hmmm. I have an Avalanche with Switchblade and that would be wrong.

Yes the switchblade helps surfing, and especially does surfing on the wrong side as it's easier to clean up the wave. Is it worth $4k from the dealer - I'd say No but my boat came with one so I love it. Blade acts like an extra 600lbs of ballast and shapes the wake on the fly. Blade has downfalls like driving like a tank, lower mph and gph, but a nice toy. Custom sacs are a must with or without the blade.

If you need help setting up the boat, hit me up. My Avy pulled the National wakesurf comp for 3yrs until the Enzo with surfright came out. I've set up the Enzo at comps as well. With and without switchblades. I have different setups depending on the safety aspect.

sailing-
    I am sure that your avy has a fantastic wake, as centurion lucked into that hull and had huge success with it, especially with the enzo, however if you talk to a dealer about a wake-specific boat, most(notice I did not say all) will sell you one without the switchblade, and if you look at the centurions prepped for the 2010 masters, the results are:
    What kind of Boats are we riding behind?
    2011 Centurion SV240 Enzo without Switchblade, custom ballast & weighting by ToWanZa Wakesurfing, Fly-High & Inland Surfer certified tournament Waves.

switchblade is fantastic at boosting a wakeboard wake to pro levels, however it is not needed for pro-level surf wakes. that's all i'm sayin

Sled491 Guest

About 50 so far but boat is not coming out yet.

I'll chime in on the lake house thing. As we also have a lake house. Someone made the point about having friends with boats to use and that is exactely right. I ski a lot, but with four guys all with tournament tow boats in the rotation my boat only gets used maybe twice a week. Then with kids and weekends we make up the rest of the use, but like was also mentioned we can look out the window and decide to hit it or leave it while day trippers try to squeeze every once of Aus Jus from the day on the lake.

Don't forget those who go on vacations with there boat and have to be on the water come hell or high water, those trips can add up the hours as well.