Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

first off that is a bum deal and I feel for you!

But alot of people buy used so don't feel like a heel. Nothing wrong with it as I purchased mine used too.

I would definitely have a dealer take a look at it just to make sure there isn't anything you are overlooking and/or if that really is the problem. I wouldn't necessarily take their word as gospel but would be good second opinion.

Lastly, there is alot of wisdom on these boards so take the steps already mentioned and use it to your advantage. Good luck!

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Look at the top of the first picture. I think someone has already been there with JB and paint.
    04 LSV

i noticed that too. looks a bit off
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

i was wondering about that, i noticed it when i checked the engine during my test run, but the paint matched the whole block, and didnt seem odd since the only things i was told to look for were water in the oil and sprays and drips....what do you think the damage was, if that is jb weld, and given the size? it seems to make an horizontal H, could there be cylinder damage? I wonder why there is no water in the oil, if that is the case....

this really disturbing and has me bummed out...

if i buy the michigan motor block, can someone confirm the right crate and advise where to get the work done (in west tennesse, or i could take it to nashville) i doubt the dealer will work with a block i buy....

this is the one i was looking at, but it says it only 295 hp, i would really like to get back to the 325 original or better, if im gunna drop the dime.

http://www.michiganmotorz.com/350ci-...ent-p-109.html

any advise there?

thanks again

I just don't get it, Why would someone change a block with a hairline crack on it ?... This cannot cause power lost ... I'm pretty sure i can run an engine with the drain plugs out... It is totaly normal for that engine to oscillate between 135 and 180 as the thermostat open and close...

True story, i personally dont think you need a block.
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD

I was thinking the same thing martin. Mine normally runs right at 180 all the time

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

hey dont get me wrong, i dont want to drop 3500 dollars on a boat, i just bought, but i also dont want to get stranded and i am just trying to get the Pro's opinions.

someone mentioned the crate motor and i was just looking for advise. if i can run it until the water breaches the inners, that better for me, i will just invest the money for the block and hopefully by the time i need it, i will have earned enough interest....LOL....

so its to the garage she goes to get drained and patched...

thanks for the advise everyone...

Default Cracked Block too

Hey Bud, That sucks. I have an LSV 2004 Outback,guy who shrink rapped it for me claimed he winterized the block.He fogged it somewhere and never removed the plugs!!!! Long story short, hairline crack in block.
    I was sick. It was a practically new boat! My Marina further away sealed it with something strong and 200 hours later of 10 people in boat/ many sets of riding, its been fine. Mine looked liked yours,external crack. The repair was $100. Since then, with basic maintenence from this site, a couple of batteries,1 impeller,1 steering cable,boat is awesome.Oh, I winterize myself now. Great instructions posted here.
    Good luck.

The place in your block that has a crack probably will not have any effect on the internal engine. If it were mine, I would fine a machine shop in the local area and try to have them grind a little on it and then weld it up. If no one wants to do that, I would grind up the area and use liberal amounts of JB Weld (or similar). I doubt that it will cost over $100 to get this fixed unless the leak is being caused by an internal rust issue (which isn't likely in your neck of the woods).

Honestly, there is a chance that the previous owner did not notice the leak (positive thinking). This isn't the worst thing that could happen, so not a big deal.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier