Default Made a new subwoofer enclosure.

Still need to get some carped and stuff on it but i like the way it came out so far. It follows the angle of the kick panel under the helm.

-2012 Supra Launch 21V
    -2008 Mobius LSV

Looks great! I was going to do something similar then decided to go with the Exile enclosure instead.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Nice! 10 or 12?

it's a 12" but it's about 6 years old and underpowered, but after listening to it I think it gives the whole stereo a nice sound.
    -2012 Supra Launch 21V
    -2008 Mobius LSV

Looks real nice be sure to spray it down really well with Rhino liner type spray so its water proof. I recommended spraying the section the speaker fits threw also.

Lastly make sure you add some soft batting like cotton but not cotton LOL stuffing tot he interior this will help give the sub a much warmer sound.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I was thinking of using fiberglass resin but the rhino lining spray sounds like a lot easier solution for a rookie like myself. About how much of the cotton stuff(I know the stuff ur talkin about) should I use?
    -2012 Supra Launch 21V
    -2008 Mobius LSV

Polyester fiberfill, in other words, pillow stuffing. Its not much of an issue for sub woofers versus woofers that carry alot of mids. You can fill the enclosure so that you are simulating a larger displacement as polyfill is usually used to dissipate acoustical energy through friction and heat conversion. Overfilling will leave the woofer sounding overdamped and dead. The idea is to loosely fill the enclosure without packing it in. Its a trial and error thing.
    Whether you coat the enclosure with bedliner, poly resin or epoxy resin you still need to elevate the enclosure so that it does not fail on the bottom seams. Each of these coatings are micro-porous to a lesser or greater degree and will eventually allow moisture to be wicked up into the MDF which is water soluable. You could run a water hose over a coated enclosure indefinitely without issue but resting on a carpeted soul is another matter.
    Btw, MDF breaths so coatings help retard this and will improve the enclosure from an acoustical standpoint as well.

David
    Earmark Marine

Thanks I rhino lined the box since then and it actually looks pretty nice but I think i'm still gonna carpet it so I has more of a factory look.

At some point i"m going to upgrade the amp and sub to something better but I already had the stuff and for now it gives me just enough bass to hold me over.
    -2012 Supra Launch 21V
    -2008 Mobius LSV