Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Outback LS vs Mobius LS

Looking at getting one of these two boats, used. Have a few questons: Can I put the gravity iii system in the Outback ls, retorfitted? Are the hulls almost the same in these two boats? I know the Mobius is a little wider. (2 inches or so) how is the SLALOM wake on the Mobius? Think 29k for an outback ls 2009 with perfect pass is a decent deal? Boat has just 20 hours on it. I would really like to get the Mobius because it has more freeboard, and Im a little concerend about the outback's freeboard. Esp when weighted. boat usage is 60% ski 40% wakebaord. Im a serious slalom skier, but I ski in the 24-30mph range. I dont go above 30. All my skiing is 15off. On the course. I love chassing balls, but wife loves to board. Thanks for your input. Budget is 30k, but 26-28 would be good! No older than a 2005.

Sled491 Guest

They are the same boat if I'm not mistaken. The old Outback LS was replaced with the Mobius LS. The difference was the trim out from the factory. The Outback LS was bigger than the Outback. As for the G111 not sure depends on the year of the OUtback LS.

For 2009, I don't think there was an Outback LS, just the Outback, and the Mobius LS. Go to www.moomba.com/archives to compare the various years. There was a change made from 05 to 06. For example the 05 LSV became the 06 Outback V, and so forth. So you'll want to make sure you are comparing the right years and models.
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

Ok the mobius ls is NOT even close to the same as an outback. A möbius ls is exactly the same as a möbius lsv except it is a direct drve, same hull and everything,I have a mob ls I know I did the research. The older models yes the outback ls and mob are the same(I think) anyhow the slalom wake is good 28mph and up it is very roomy and if you get a mob ls be sure to get the wake plate and yes u can get the gIII ballast but u can't in a outback

Sled491 Guest

This might be before some of you became Moomba owners, but the OUtback LS was the Mobius LS. Yes and Outback is different but the LS's were the exact same hull. Check the archives and you'll see.

I can only speak for 2008's. I have a 2008 Mobius LS. I looked at the outback and the freeboards are shorter, thus the reason I bought the LS. The LS in 2008 is the same hull as the LSV, just direct drive vrs "v" drive. Hope this helps.

Sled491 Guest

Again the Outback and the Outback LS are 2 completely different boats.

Please carefully examine the info and pics using the "About Moomba" and the "Archive" at the top of this page. If you have any questions, please post them. Good luck!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

here is what im looking at, I'm getting it for a better price though. I THINK this is just an Outback, not the ls. In addition, anyone know if for the Moomba cruise,i can just buy the upgrade kit for stargazer? (about $500 vs 1500 installed) This boat is DBW. Can i just buy any DBW system used off of skier to skier for this?

the link
    http://www.southaustinmarine.com/new...28&pov=1694052

Yes, that is an outback not an LS. As for the other stuff, I dont know