Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

skiyaker - I frequently skied behind a friend's '87 Centurian (could be off by a model year). It went to boat heaven when the trailer separated from tow vehicle (no safety chains) and ran into a telephone pole. I can understand your thinking about the one sitting at your dealer. Nice boat. - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Sled491 Guest

Max, we talked about the carbon last weekend. They are trying to break into the three event market with that boat. Problem is most serious clubs want it for free. It all has to do with the number of local and regional events they get to pull wit it. That in turn relates to the number of slots they can hold at the nationals for the boat draws. Kind of doesn't make sense to chase that market but hey it's there nickel. Maybe some of that R&D can be bought on the open market?

crappy photos but that Carbon looks old school-and I like that. Nice colors too. But, what is the floor covered with-looks like they used the same material on the ski platform
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Smile

Don't get me wrong, I love my boat but if you want to talk awesome wakes . While i was down in Florida skiing the Nautique 200 is in a class of its own in my opinion. Price ,looks styling etc leave a lot to be desired .but wake wise HARD to beat.
    07 Outback DD

Sled491 Guest

Feedback on the 200 is that it is 50/50 love it or leave it.

Wonder what the back board is for in that carbon?
    Last edited by Sled491; 09-28-2010 at 11:28 PM. Reason: additional wording

What I have seen on the 200 is the wake is great. A lot of the negative reviews are based on handling, speed/acceleration, and the OB/CB format. Most the those people can't let go of the 196.

I know that people want a boat that can do everything. If I were going to make a ski boat, it would be no longer the 19' 5" and no wider than 88" at the running waterline. The 20'+ boats with 95" beams just displace too much water to make a great slalom wake without a sacrificing handling, acceleration, or top speed. When one skis behind an early 90s MC and then a new ski boat, those old wakes in those small boats really are pretty close.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Cool

I never drove the 200 but speed was not a problem as well as the boat i was in had the 400hp 6.0 motor. Also i never realized just how much power loss we endure due to high altitude until being in Florida as well,even with my crappy rental car vrs my truck here at home . Altitude 3500ft. Just the same the feed back i got from the driver who is a university ski coach was ,he loves driving these boats and as mentioned WAKE ,OUTSTANDING,price not so much.
    This boat also had the big motor for pulling jumpers more than any other reason as well.
    07 Outback DD

Quote Originally Posted by skiyaker View Post
    thanks for you thoughts guys. I still can't wrap my head around whether I want to own a second boat or not. If it weren't for the size of the ski lake (tiny) and the fact that the LS is being discontinued I'd probably just trade for an LS and be done with it but when the guy with the boomerang said he might be selling it it just got me thinking. I guess I should just be happy that I belong to a club with lots of true ski boats that I can trade rides with (most of their kids like to wakeboard) but every time I see a boomerang, TS6M, prostar, etc it really gets me. Plus every time I visit my dealer I see this

http://www.aquamarineofanderson.com/...R0&veh=1745869
    i say follow the advice of the boat itself and buy it ......... Y Knot??

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet