Hybrid View

Question late 90s boat comparisons

Hey I have a question for you DD guys who have skied behind a lot of boats. I'm just dreaming a little, but how would you put a late 90s boomerang slalom wake against a similar year MC prostar 190 or ski nautique wake?
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float

I skied the Boomerang and the Prostar and I liked both wakes. They are light enough boat for a small wake. Either way, three people is it in the boat without doing musical chairs.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

my ski buddy has a '94 boomerang and the ski wake at 36 is FLAT as a pancake. very nice boat. have not seen a prostar, but if it's a similar size/weight/hulldesign, should be the same.

zabooda is right on the capacity as well. 3 is the perfect number. more sucks.. we try to go with 2 skiers and someone that just wants to spot. more time on the water
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

cool thanks for the feedback. I've skied the boomerang several times at 28mph which is what I'm working on now- but hoping to get faster in the future. I know where I can get a late 90s boomerang for 7-8k but it looks like a similar year MC or nautique will cost me twice that. My how I'd love to have a tiny slalom boat just to use at the ski lake which is only big enough to make a turn at one end! Dreamin' Dreamin!
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float

The late 90s MC Prostars were among the least liked as slalom boats go. Search "chime lock" on the MC forum. However, the Sportstar of the late 90s was a very good slalom wake. I did not care for the CC wake, so research that for yourself. The best slalom wake I was behind was a late 90s Malibu Response/Sportster. That boat is light with the Diamond Cut Hull, the wake was great. By far, my 99 Malibu Sportster was the flattest wake and the fastest boat that I have owned. Overall, I liked my 99 MC better for many reasons, but the Bu wake was better.
    The Boomerang is an even lighter boat, never skied behind one, so I can't say what the wake is like.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

This one had a great wake. Don't know this guy but I've skied behind this one and a few like it.

http://tallahassee.craigslist.org/boa/1970318315.html
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!