Default having my upolstry repaired!

My boat go hailed on and cracked and split a bunch of my seats and vdrive cushions. Has anybody had the back seat ( wrap around ) back part of a mobius lsv 05 out? I am just curious as to where the bolts and nuts are that mount it are located. I have only had a quick look and can't see to find them.

Man, that's no good. Must have been some serious hail.

I've looked into the removal somewhat. I will eventually re-skin that backrest too, got some stains that won't come out.

Anyway... the backrest itself is fastened by numerous nuts. You can access most of them from behind the seat (looking at the back of it thru the engine compartment and both side lockers). You have to remove the carpeted 'divider' that is screwed into the hull to see them, but you should be able to get to all of those fairly easily. The hardest ones will be on the wraparound part of the backrest, where it fastens to the port and starboard sides. I am sure there is at least one nut, if not several for each side.

The problem might be, and I haven't looked far enough into it, that you may have to remove the sidewall cushions before you can pull this one out.
    You'll notice on the back of the cushion that the nuts tighten a stud that is sticking out from the back of the cushion. If this is the case for the sides, I don't see any way you will be able to remove it without removing more cushions. However, the design could be a little different here, making removal easier.

That's really as far as I know on it. If you get to tackling it, please let us know - as I'm sure more people than just me are interested in it!

Good luck.
    2015 Supra SC400
    08 LSV - Sold
    Go big, or go home.

thanks for the reply, that is what I kinda figured. I was thinking I would be able to reach up under where the cup holders. But you can't get under there. I hope it is not to much hassle.

I am going to use the boat this weekend, then put her away. i have to winterize it and get the back rest out. The rest of it is easy.
    There were a few boats on the lake that got it too. Oh well that is what we have insurance for.
    I will post a few pics as I get her apart

You can aso try pulling the speakers to get at those last screws
    06 LSV
    2 - 750lb Fatsacks, Custom Sunbrella Cover and Bimini, Kenwood KMR440MU and Amp Bazooka Tower Speakers, Aerial Mirror, Stargazer, 4 Port Heater.

Toys - O'Brien Natural, CWB Pure, IS Yellow Loogie, CWB Ride, Hyperlite Voyageur for the kids.

It is a monday project so I will let everybody no how it goes!

Saskie, for sure keep us in the loop! I look forward to hearing how it goes.
    2015 Supra SC400
    08 LSV - Sold
    Go big, or go home.

Saskie, did you ever get that cushion out?? I'm curious how that went down.
    2015 Supra SC400
    08 LSV - Sold
    Go big, or go home.

I can't seem to find the pictures I took of the seat as it came out. There were a few really hard to reach nuts with washers on. I had to put my arm as far in between the side of the boat and the side if the fiberglass that the seat mounts to. All the while cramped up in the ballast compartment. The passenger side was way easier to get at. The driver side with the fuel line and was harder to work around.
    I almost pulled the driver side rear speaker to see if I could get a better hold of it but in the end didn't need too. The repairs should be done this week and I will take some more pics and let you know how putting it back together went!