Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Some React Boards

Reactsurf, a small, custom shop in the Vancouver, WA area that hand made custom wakesurf boards recently closed down which is really unfortunately because they made really great boards. My son and I have been riding their Drive model for three seasons now and absolutely love it and other than one ding that was our fault, it still looks new. Anyway, I went to their shop last week and picked up three of their last boards to demo and yesterday, mmandley and I (plus my son and mmandley's girlfriend) took them out on the river to give them a try. I enjoyed each board immensely, they are all fun in their own way. I am tempted to keep all three (much to mmandley's chagrin as he wants to buy one of the smaller ones). It's really too bad they closed their shop - each board is hand shaped and the graphics are all one of a kind - you will never see two alike.

I don't have any pics of us riding them but here are pics of them in my kitchen:

The 4'-9" Swivel - turns awesome, lots of fun to ride, lots of nose rocker to keep from burying it. And love the graphics, a real work of art:

The 4'-1" Mini Egg, a one off creation. Very responsive, surprisingly fast for such a short board due to it's width, definitely for the advanced rider though.

Last edited by cab13367; 09-22-2010 at 03:25 PM.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

The 5'-9" Classic. A longboard, great for the bigger rider but still handles well for such a big board. Real easy to stay in the pocket and to catch up if you fall back. Would be great to have to surf double with kids or even your wife (going to try that this coming weekend). And fits flat in the rear storage locker of my LSV!

Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Nice looking boards. Are those pressure dings I see on the bottom of the Mini Egg?
    2011 President's Trophy - Check
    2011 Western Confernece Champs - Check
    2011 Stanley Cup Champs - Not so Much....

2007 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by Canuckle Head View Post
    Nice looking boards. Are those pressure dings I see on the bottom of the Mini Egg?
    Yes. those are. I think this has been demo'd/loaned out quite a bit and unfortunately, was not well taken cared of. It's priced accordingly though and it does not affect performance that I noticed.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

So if you had to choose one, which would it be?
    2011 President's Trophy - Check
    2011 Western Confernece Champs - Check
    2011 Stanley Cup Champs - Not so Much....

2007 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by Canuckle Head View Post
    So if you had to choose one, which would it be?
    Prolly the Swivel but I think the mini Egg would be a good one to try and learn 360's on since it's so short yet very wide so I think it would be easy to spin and still stay in the pocket. I'm going to take them out again this weekend and decide after that.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

al,

you just teasing us or is there a liquidation sale going on somewhere....
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post
    interesting how kitchen counter tops in the western u.s. are typically a tiled surface.

Don't find that much here in the east - mostly granite, fake granite or formica... and always a continuous smooth surface. no grout lines.

I like the looks of those boards.

The mini-egg seems to be a knock off of the green loogie. same tail shape
    Well, if my wife had her way, it would be one piece granite!
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    al,

you just teasing us or is there a liquidation sale going on somewhere....
    The liquidation sale has come and gone. They only have 4 boards left and I have three of them in my possession (the other one is another Classic). These are all prototypes and/or demo boards and he is selling them ridiculously cheap so I am very tempted to buy all three.

It's truly a shame these guys (father and son team) are closing their doors. Their boards are really fun to ride, and look great to boot. The wakesurfing community does not know what they are losing!
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

I've ridden all three of those boards.

The mini egg is really fun but you better be a good rider (its a sub 4' board). Also the green on the tail makes the dings look worse than they really are.

The swivel is a great board but a little too much rocker for heavier riders. I would say as long as your around the 180lb or less mark and have a decent wake it would be perfect!

The classic is one of my favorite cruisers. I can put my 65lb daughter out on the nose with me in the back, and we can free ride all day with any size wake. Very fun board and VERY fast. Awesome for heavier riders.

PWI as usual...