Thread: Fuse Holder

Default Fuse Holder

I know this is an absolutely crazy question to ask, but I have only dealt with the "screw down" type fuse blocks before. I held a Tsunami inline fuse in my hand last night starting at it trying to figure out how to attach the 4ga wire to the fuse. Do you just slide the brass looking piece over the wire and then in a circular fashion wrap the wire backwards and then screw that into the actual piece that holds the fuse which is nickel coated? I cant find good instructions on the internet anywhere.
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD

Can you link to a picture of the style of fuse holder you're referring to?

http://www.earmarkcaraudio.com/Xcart...3&cat=0&page=1

And I cannot find an exploded view anywhere for the life of me. It may take me taking some pictures tonight and posting them for you guys to look at. I got a response from Odin at Earmark after I said what I said in the OP, and he said,

"You were correct, you strip back some wire and fold it back over the insert then screw it in to secure the wire. This is actually a better design because it has more surface contact area, it’s just a bit confusing."

I think I have an idea of what I need to do, I was just trying to find someone who has actually held it in their hands and done this already. Ill try to take some pictures tonight along with my cubby under the helm and some how-to/heres what I did type pictures of my amp setup.
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD

If i'm not mistaken you un-screw the gold nuts off the end, slip the cable through the nut, insert cable into end of fuse holder and screw nut back on. It's a compression type connection so it may have a ferrule as well to compress the cable.
    2007 Mobius LSV

That's the same style I use, though the connections could be different. On mine you just tighten down a small allen screw on each end to hold the cable in place. There is an insert you use with 8 gauge wire, but it's not used with 4 gauge.

Theres no allen screws and if you were to tighten it down like compression style, youd push the wire out. Its really weird, Ill take some pictures, its like you have the fold the wires backwards over the little gold nut and that holds the wire in place WHILE its acting as a compression fitting. What Im saying is there are no set screws or other means of actually keeping the wire up against anything.
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD

Interesting... that actually sounds like a better design though (compression fitting plus folded back wire.)

I remember using the same thing on mine, but it's been a year. they only use the nut, and as razz mentioned, there's a sleeve you use for 8ga. but not for 4. mess around with it on a 2" piece of scrap if you have one and it will all make sense..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

They've changed those so they don't use the set screws anymore and there is no longer an insert to differentiate 4 and 8-gauge wire. Its a superior product now but I can see how its confusing and difficult to write a description. Call Victor at the dedicated marine facility in Lewisville (Dallas Texas). He is the shop super. (214)222-0974 They don't normally assist on-line because they have tons of local responsibility. But I'll call him and explain what's up. He can probably send you a photo of the completed task which would be worth a thousand words.

David
    Earmark Marine

I figured it out and would be more than happy to do a writeup if you have other customers with similar questions. I got 2 of 6 speakers hooked up just now and it is INSANE loud.
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD