Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Kicker KM10 Subwoofer in a 2008 Outback V?

Does anyone with a 2008 OBV have the optional subwoofer installed from the factory? If so could you take a quick pic of the kick panel for me?

I purchased a Kicker KM10 and it seems it will be a tight fit.

What do you guys think?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

Take a look at post #4 here....

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=12841

A 10 inch sub is a 10 inch sub give or take.
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by lewisb13 View Post
    Take a look at post #4 here....

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=12841

A 10 inch sub is a 10 inch sub give or take.
    I agree. I am just glad to see that it does fit. THANKS!!!
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

I will however say that it is going to be quite nerve-wracking (sp?) trying to cut a one-timer hole in there LOL.
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD

You don't have to cut the hump. The KM10 is optimized for an enclosure, not that it hasn't been used in free-air applications. But it will sound better in an enclosure. There is plenty of room for a shallow slant-back box with drainage built in behind and under the enclosure with no more than five or so inches of lost foot/leg room.

David
    Earmark Marine

Do these have to be custom made or do they exist somewhere online for us to feast our eyes and wallets on?
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD

Kicker has that woofer in an injection-molded enclosure but it's not going to fit this particular application very well. We build an enclosure exactly as I described that includes all the mounting pads, risers, terminal cup and bracketry. You da Man has something very similar. It is custom but its very straight forward. Its slightly elevated off the sole and away from the hump so that the drainage provision is part of the design. This eliminates any mildew or mold trap by placing a box directly over the carpeted sole. Its available in Medex which should outlast the boat. All the attaching bracketry is external to the box so that the mounting will never compromise the airtight integrity of the enclosure. You can email for more details. But this is the ideal way to go whether you build the box yourself or contract the build.

David
    Earmark Marine

Quote Originally Posted by EarmarkMarine View Post
    Kicker has that woofer in an injection-molded enclosure but it's not going to fit this particular application very well. We build an enclosure exactly as I described that includes all the mounting pads, risers, terminal cup and bracketry. You da Man has something very similar. It is custom but its very straight forward. Its slightly elevated off the sole and away from the hump so that the drainage provision is part of the design. This eliminates any mildew or mold trap by placing a box directly over the carpeted sole. Its available in Medex which should outlast the boat. All the attaching bracketry is external to the box so that the mounting will never compromise the airtight integrity of the enclosure. You can email for more details. But this is the ideal way to go whether you build the box yourself or contract the build.

David
    Earmark Marine
    Do you have any pics of the custom box you are talking about?

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=10632

Try this and look about 1/2 way through the thread

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=10632

Try this and look about 1/2 way through the thread
    That looks great but I refuse to loose any foot room. I also cant mount it above the kick panel because I will be installing a heater in the spring.