Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sub Locations

Lewisb what sound level are you looking for? What sub are you looking at? What amp will be driving the sub? There's a lot of info you need to know before making a decision. Your basic 10" low output sub in the kickplate would sound ok but won't wow you as it's not a sealed environment and there's really no way to seal it. You could put a free air sub in there and you might be happy.

A sealed enclosure on top of the kickplate would be a better option and would produce better sound, i had mine that way for almost two years and nothing rattled loose. A few on here have partially cutout the kickplate and molded it in to made room for enclosure and that works well too.

Depending on how much you want to spend and how much power you want you could add the Exile LSV enclosure and 12" sub as I and a few others here have done as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2007 Mobius LSV

Ill get back to everyone on what it looks like under there. I dont think Ill be able to "set" a box on top of it like you guys have. Im looking to do about a $400 setup. I have 2 12" Hifonics Olympians that Im going to try to rob one of them. They are 200RMS. I may try to get both in there somehow. I have a 600 watt lanzar amp that Im going to use IF i can find it. My whole life is currently in a storage unit. At the end of the day, I might scrap this whole idea and start fresh, which like I said, Id like to spend about $400 to get the sub, amp, wiring, and box, which I believe to be completely doable. My requirements are not necessarily the sound produced, but more about being able to do it on a budget. The boat is an 05. If it was a 2010 or 2011 I would be spending 4K to hook this joker up as some of you have done. Thanks for all the responses, let me see if I can get you guys some pics...
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by lewisb13 View Post
    Ill get back to everyone on what it looks like under there. I dont think Ill be able to "set" a box on top of it like you guys have. Im looking to do about a $400 setup. I have 2 12" Hifonics Olympians that Im going to try to rob one of them. They are 200RMS. I may try to get both in there somehow. I have a 600 watt lanzar amp that Im going to use IF i can find it. My whole life is currently in a storage unit. At the end of the day, I might scrap this whole idea and start fresh, which like I said, Id like to spend about $400 to get the sub, amp, wiring, and box, which I believe to be completely doable. My requirements are not necessarily the sound produced, but more about being able to do it on a budget. The boat is an 05. If it was a 2010 or 2011 I would be spending 4K to hook this joker up as some of you have done. Thanks for all the responses, let me see if I can get you guys some pics...
    Lewis reason i put the polk in the kick panel was that i found it brand new on ebay for under 50 bucks shipped otherwise i would have use a jl free air 10 like razz and david state. but those are like 249.00 and i like the sound that rounds out the system i like bass but not a bass head. tazz put one of those audioformz enclosures up behind the kick panel and sound good as well, but since your on a budget, not sure it will do the trick. check you height on the KP for a 12" before you cut...

ooh forgot cut it right on the panel, KP is non removable on the 07
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

not sure what your $400 is earmarked for and what equipment you can cannabalize, but here's what I did:
    https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=9578

I don't remember the exact costs, but it was around $100 for the medex wood/rhinoline in a can/plastic risers(the complete box), $200 for the jl 12w6(overkill, but it friggin rocks, used, but looked brand new) and around $250 for the fosgate 500.1bd amp(new) to run it. all the install was me, and that will be the majority of your costs.. bought all the equipment off ebay last winter, one summer and not a single problem
    spend a little less on a sub and amp and you are there. many here are using the kicker subs with awesome results, they build a real nice product..

you really just need to figure out how much work you want to put into it, what your skill level is and how much you really want to spend. remember that most projects like this probably won't come in on budget
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten