Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Perfect pass question??????

Hello, i was told when i bought my boat that it was prewired for perfect pass. How would i tell.... i'm about to order PP and would like to know what to order...

thanks

geoff
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!

Don't forget to call PP, most helpful
    06 LSV
    2 - 750lb Fatsacks, Custom Sunbrella Cover and Bimini, Kenwood KMR440MU and Amp Bazooka Tower Speakers, Aerial Mirror, Stargazer, 4 Port Heater.

Toys - O'Brien Natural, CWB Pure, IS Yellow Loogie, CWB Ride, Hyperlite Voyageur for the kids.

Saskyrider,
    I had the Stargazer, GPS PP installed in my boat. I think it was plug-n-play. I have toyed around with it and it seems very straight forward. Instructions were detailed but specific. Any issues, and I know they can help you out directly. They helped me when i needed some support for servo cable.

I have a couple pics in my mods of where the GPS receiver is mounted. As well make sure to order the Moomba display face or you will end up with generic.
    http://www.perfectpass.com/perfect_pass_products.html
    http://www.perfectpass.com/pp_support_usersmanual.html
    http://www.perfectpass.com/Perfect_Pass_displays.html

The plug and play PP is basically the drive-by wire system. Your boat should be drive-by wire but contact PP to make sure. I've heard of guys installing the Stargazer PP for drive-by wire in less than a half hour while the boat was floating on the lake.

I bought it for my boat and it was about a 20 minute install. Worth every penny. No more arguments with the wife!
    2011 President's Trophy - Check
    2011 Western Confernece Champs - Check
    2011 Stanley Cup Champs - Not so Much....

2007 Outback V

This is first on my list for next season.

Moomba Cruise makes me say bad words.
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

Yeah I need it really bad too. I cant believe this isnt/wasnt standard on these boats since the early 80s.
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD

I ordered mine from Ian at Only Inboards and he asked me a ton of questions... before putting the order in... i got the moomba faceplate and it should be a plug and play for me as well according to skier's choice, Ian and the guys at PP..

thanks

geoff
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!

Quote Originally Posted by deafgoose View Post
    This is first on my list for next season.

Moomba Cruise makes me say bad words.
    lol. dg i know what you mean
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post
    "hate to Hijack - anyone out there with PP had major issues with speed control? - specifically 4-7MPH difference with setting to actual?

my buddy's Moomba is having a bit of an issue dialing the PP in - it was installed professionally installed FWIW"

this happens all the time. The non-stargazer units do need to be recalibrated from time to time. Very easy process - requires a gpsr.
    I have the wakeboard pro (non gps version) and mine has always worked great. Holds tight to the preset speed and engages properly. At the start of each season, I talke a portable gps with me and check both the speedo and the PP and they usually don't require much, if any, adjustment.

If your friend's PP is varying that much, he needs to adjust the kdw and NN settings. Tell him to download and review the manual from the PP website.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV