Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Where to buy a swim platform pin? *pic*

One of the pins on my swim platform broke so now I need to order a new one.

I don't have any Moomba dealers nearby so I will order some online.

Where would I find these?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

I did a bit of reaeach and it seems people prefer the clevis pin instead.

Does it look like this?

2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

You can find many of those type items at a hardware store.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Try McMaster-Carr, they have a big slection of various pins.

Deafgoose i've never seen anyone use a clevis to secure the platform. Most use a simple pin/clip method.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by deafgoose View Post

One of these perhaps?

http://www.marinepartdepot.com/newststqurep.html
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by KSmith View Post
    So close!

The pin I have is 2" long. The pin listed on the link above is 1.5" long.

Quote Originally Posted by deafgoose View Post

deaf - Ultimate Wake Watersports keeps inventory of these pins in its service shop. I stopped in today to chat and asked specifically about availability. It's a Moonba Supra dealer in the suburb of Volo north of Chicago. Store was open but shop was not, so I don't have a price for you. Give a call during the week and see what it would cost to buy and ship to you. - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Home improvement store will have a pin similar to the pin that holds the guidepoles on your trailer. Just need a 1/4in X 2. I switched to those because I don't trust the stock pins.
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

I picked up two quick pins to replace the swivel lock pins but I am not sure how long they will last. They are made of grade 5 steel with a clear zinc plated finish.

I also got some adjustable clevis pins in case the quick pins don't fit.

I really wish these were stainless. The zinc coating will wear off and it will rust over time. Good thing they are only $1.30 each locally!

Zinc Plating
    Many steel fasteners are electro-plated with zinc for better corrosion resistance. Fasteners that have been zinc plated have a shiny silver or golden appearance referred to as clear or yellow zinc respectively. They are fairly corrosion resistant but will rust if the coating is destroyed or if exposed to a marine environment.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by deafgoose; 09-22-2010 at 12:47 AM.

From an earlier post about platform rattle. Search can be your friend.

Took the brackets off my swim platform, welded up the holes, installed everything on the boat and drilled 5/16 holes through brackets & hangers so everything lined up. No more rattle. Used these pins.
    http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/items/5VU22?Pid=search