Default Easy Drain Plugs

Anybody use any of these with an oppinion one way or the other?

http://www.skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=MCM000
    Attached Images Attached Images

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Most of the time I've heard about them it's been when someone is removing them. They tend to get clogged and not fully drain the block when winterizing. I'd say turn the wrench and know you've got the block drained.

Cool..........Just ran across them and thought it was a good idea anyway. I like ur thinking though. It is nice to know what your dealing with and "be sure" when it comes to stuff like that.

Thanks for the insight!

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

I use radiator drain petcocks.Get them at the auto parts store.About $3 apiece.
    jy

My buddy used petcocks that got clogged and didn't drain fully. Three grand later he is replacing the block. If you use them be sure they do not clog.
    08 XLV

Would they still clog with an engine strainer?
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

My understanding is that it's more of a corrosion issue than a debris issue. They just gunk up for lack of a better description...

I've gotten rid of petcocks and haven't used them for 20 years. I use a two piece drain that loosens up with a wrench and simple in design.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

I went to a machine parts store and got plugs with thumb valves. When opened, the drain hole is as large as taking up the plug. Works great and no clogging. Expensive, about $20 a piece but very easy. This winter when you pull your plugs, take one with you to get the right size.