Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bindings

I like to stay strapped in unless it's a really, really bad impact. Came out of the Ones once or twice, haven't come out of the Cells yet but haven't taken a huge impact in them yet either.

Quote Originally Posted by Moseley618 View Post
    I guess I will look for Ronix 1 or other Ronix bindings. Lets take a poll: feet coming out or staying in the binding on hard crashes. I don't like my feet to come out because I have had the board swing around and almost scalp me when one foot came out and the other stayed in.
    Ronix 09 Cells & I prefer to stay in the binding.
    '08 OBV-gravity III with two 550 lb & one 400 lb, 3 pair of Kicker KM613 cabin speakers, Kicker KM10 sub, one set KM6500.2 HLCD tower speakers, Kicker ZXM700.5 amp, Kicker ZX450.2 & Kenwood KMR-440U head unit

Keep me in the bindings. I had one foot come out while throwing a tantrum a couple years ago and it snapped my ankle.
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

Back in April this year I took a big digger after landing in the flats. I stay in the bindings but fractured a few ribs and mild concussion. Hyperlite is coming out or already came out with a snow ski type boot/binding system that will release

So what year Ronix One bindings is everyone using? I see the White Elephants go for about $400 but you can get a pair of 08's for about $240.

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    So what year Ronix One bindings is everyone using? I see the White Elephants go for about $400 but you can get a pair of 08's for about $240.
    Definitely go 09 or newer. There was a lot of new technology that was introduced in 09 models... baseless footbed, lighter weight baseplate, improved liners, no tools required for adjustment, plus many more small changes. I had the 08 Ones and while they were way ahead of their competition at the time, the 09s really pushed Ronix out in front of everyone else.

I went to the local wakeboarding shop and they said that they stopped carrying the Ronix bindings because they had too many warrenty claims. They tried to sell me the Liquid Force Watson 2011 model, said they were the best. I tried them on but even with them all the way tight I could still pull them off a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Moseley618 View Post
    I went to the local wakeboarding shop and they said that they stopped carrying the Ronix bindings because they had too many warrenty claims. They tried to sell me the Liquid Force Watson 2011 model, said they were the best. I tried them on but even with them all the way tight I could still pull them off a little.
    What a load of BS. At least you tried to support your local shop first.

As was mentioned before, 09 and newer Ronix Cells/Ones are some of, if not THE best boots going. The are very very light, very comfortable, have heat moldable liners, and look good too. Trying them on tells the whole story.

But the Watsons are very very good boots too.
    Levi
    Former owner of a 08 Mobuis XLV, Cat340, 2650 Lbs.
    I miss that boat!