Thread: Fitting failure

Default Fitting failure

Here's what happens when you don't have your bag aligned properly. I heard a hissing noise and caught the leak before it filled the boat. After use, I generally lift the bags up so they completely drain and I guess I didn't ensure they were laid flat again, The force of the 750 lbs against a misaligned bag just snapped the fitting.

That's what bilge pumps are for.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    06 LSV
    2 - 750lb Fatsacks, Custom Sunbrella Cover and Bimini, Kenwood KMR440MU and Amp Bazooka Tower Speakers, Aerial Mirror, Stargazer, 4 Port Heater.

Toys - O'Brien Natural, CWB Pure, IS Yellow Loogie, CWB Ride, Hyperlite Voyageur for the kids.

Ouch. It really sucks to see that.

At least its a cheap fix!!
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

Wow! Never seen that. I guess it pays to be vigilant when filling and emptying. Thanks for sharing this!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!