Default Radio wont power up????

Hey, My amp is fine, but original radio wont go on, the switch at the steering wheel is lit. Could radio just be done? Is there any way to test the radio with different power source without removing it.?. .Can the blue wire coming out the back of radio that was connected to power the amp be placed on the positive battery terminal?
    Thanks-need tunes!!!!!

OK, here goes;
    • First thing and it sounds stupid but if you have a remote dash turn on then check it! See if the breaker is popped.
    • Check your remote mute or attenuate button.
    • The blue wire is your remote turn on for the amps, don't connect to the battery! Is the amp(s) powering up?
    • Get in the hole and check all the wires for the stereo, double check the ground connection!
    • Check the inline fuse for your stereo.
    • Check fuses at the fuse block probably under the dash.
    • Check all you RCA cables to make sure they are connected.
    • If all that checks out then here's a tip i got from Brian at Exile, using a mini pin to RCA cable, disconnect the RCA cables from your amp and plug an ipod directly into the amp, if you hear music then your HU is probably hosed. Had to replace mine yesterday!
    Last edited by Razzman; 09-12-2010 at 12:06 PM.
    2007 Mobius LSV

i have a similar issue on 2010 lsv.. my radio goes on fine, amps turn on no problem plays music... then the screens start to go on the fritz and start showing weird letters and symbols.... then it will just shutoff and not come back on... need to shut everything down and like 10-20 minutes later everything repeats again????????

by the way where is the main unit mounted? i didnt have time to look...

Is your battery running low? I've had a sorta similar issue when my house battery was very low.

Quote Originally Posted by lsvboombox View Post
    i have a similar issue on 2010 lsv.. my radio goes on fine, amps turn on no problem plays music... then the screens start to go on the fritz and start showing weird letters and symbols.... then it will just shutoff and not come back on... need to shut everything down and like 10-20 minutes later everything repeats again????????
    2015 Supra SC400
    08 LSV - Sold
    Go big, or go home.

if you have a removable head unit, make sure it is attached properly.

Quote Originally Posted by rvette View Post
    if you have a removable head unit, make sure it is attached properly.
    Also, make sure that you don't have a corrosion issue. I have 2 friends with Clarion head units that were corroded and not making good contact. A little wire brush action, now they are working fine. Be careful with wire brush.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

the batteries were at about 65%.. I hooke them up to the charger and will be back at the boat tomorrow. i will check all the connections, but they didnt look like the faces could be removed...

the system is the mb quart
    wm1-bb
    wrc-s2
    wrc-p