Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I will time each individual bag today and post the results.
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    I added a second Rule pump and built a 1" manifold out of pvc pipe so I could have water inlets at each end. I'm pretty satisfied with my system. I usually only fill the front bag for wakeboarding-- we're not that good. I leave the front full and fill the surf side 750 for surfing. It has the Irritrol valve on it and fills in about 7 min.
    Where did you connect the power for the 2nd Rule pump?

In theory, a 2nd pump should cut my fill times in 1/2. I REALLY like that idea!
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

Here are the results for the individual ballst bag fill times. The results are puzzling...

Left 6:56
    Center: 6:50*
    Right 6:20

What size sacs do you have DG

Quote Originally Posted by you da man View Post
    What size sacs do you have DG
    All 3 ballast bags are the stock 400lb (70x16x10).

Quote Originally Posted by flatH20 View Post
    at one point in my life I did a lot of sprinkler systems - irritrol valves are superior to the Orbit - Orbit makes a very "affordable" product line. I would think you made the right move to head off future headaches - ditto the pump commentary - double that up and you should be able to cut the fill times. next time I'm crawling around my boat I'll check but my fill time for the 250s in the back is less then 5 minutes - its the 400 in the middle that I need more patience for - going to integrate a bow sac over the winter and then I'll be working the pump issue then... great thread -
    I agree. The build quality is much higher and now I don't need to worry about the valves anymore.

I had to take apart a couple Orbit valves a few times because the ballast bags would fill with water while underway.

It's nice to see the fill times decrease with the new valves when more water is flowing through them. That means they are an improvement when I upgrade the fill pump. I am really leaning towards upgrading to the Rule 3800 because no holes would need to be drilled to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by deafgoose View Post
    Where did you connect the power for the 2nd Rule pump?

In theory, a 2nd pump should cut my fill times in 1/2. I REALLY like that idea!
    I asked Newty this question before I blatantly copied his design. He just doubled up on the same line that was running the original pump. He has had no trouble at all with that setup. I have been running it that way all year with no problems.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    I asked Newty this question before I blatantly copied his design. He just doubled up on the same line that was running the original pump. He has had no trouble at all with that setup. I have been running it that way all year with no problems.
    It would be nice to get some data on a 2 pump system.

Here are the results for the individual ballst bag fill times. The results are puzzling...

Left 6:56
    Center: 6:50*
    Right 6:20
    This tells you that the Irritrols flow better than the Orbits at higher pressures but not at lower ones.

I am really leaning towards upgrading to the Rule 3800 because no holes would need to be drilled to make it happen.
    You should really talk to the guys at wakemakers. Your stock 3/4" intake can only support so many GPH's so upgrading to the 3800 alone will not get you the results you are looking for. You will need to upsize everything in the flow path - intake, manifold, valves, hoses, fittings - to see significant improvements.

I upgraded mine to 1" and added two T-800's and it resulted in dramatic improvements and I didn't have to drill any new holes.

Here's a link to my ballast system upgrade including before and after fill times.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=11243

Al
    Last edited by cab13367; 09-14-2010 at 02:50 PM.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

JesseC has already posted his fill times with the following results:

Rule 2000 - 3/4" Irritrol 700 valves, 3/4" scoop, Time: 10.75
    Rule 3800 - 1" Irritorl 700 valves, 1" scoop - Time: 9.33

I am shocked how the 3800 and upgraded intake and valves made such a small difference. Upgrading my Rule 2000 to a Rule 3800 is now out the window.