Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyluke View Post
    Cool board. Sell me on the flex boards, I don't do alot of riding with other people and really only knew of a few boards like the Roam. How do you find them for sale, I don't seem to find a flex category for them.

Also, what is the downside of them for an overweight, out of shape, getting bad knees, guy that still tries all the stuff i used to be able to do?

Do you have to work harder at jumps, surface issues, or just a good board that saves your knees?
    I went with a flex board because my knees were aching a day or two after a few sets. Pretty much everyone said the flex boards land much softer. After my first w2w jump into the flats I was sold. The board is super light and very thin especially at the tip/tail. The board I have is the Slingshot Reflex with a hybrid rocker (a mix of continuous and 3 stage). It's faster than my Ronix Divide but doesn't have the abrupt pop the Divide has (Divide has a 3stage rocker). The Reflex is definately more loose. Surface tricks are easier with the Reflex which also has turned up rails. When looking for a flex board there is no category, you just have to do your research on the board construction

First thing you'll want to do is decide what rocker style you want. The Response is their continuous rocker the reflex is the hybrid and the Recoil is their three stage rocker. The three stage will have more pop but will have a harder landing. If you are dealing with bad knees I would stay more towards the response or reflex. I ride the response and it was huge transition from the one board. They are total opposites. One is closer to a three stage and is very grippy where the Response is very loose. I used to hate going out into the flats on the one but dont mind it all on the Response. Its much softer of a landing. And the Slingshot boards are way lighter than the typical wakeboard.
    2007 Moomba Mobius LSV 3000lbs Ballast. 2009 Ronix One board 138 and Ronix 2010 One Bindings

Quote Originally Posted by Diver14 View Post
    I recently bought the response and could not get my One bindings to mount. The screws were to long so they didn't tighten down all the way. My dealer sold me the D2s for like $135 but I cant say that I like them after riding the Ones. The D2s are pretty heavy and actually pretty hot.
    Just cut the screws off shorter with a hacksaw or dremel and keep riding the Ronix bindings.

Quote Originally Posted by brain_rinse View Post
    Just cut the screws off shorter with a hacksaw or dremel and keep riding the Ronix bindings.
    My 2009 bolted up with no problems...weird. Maybe the base is thicker on the 2010 Ones vs the 2009 Ones.

Quote Originally Posted by you da man View Post
    My 2009 bolted up with no problems...weird. Maybe the base is thicker on the 2010 Ones vs the 2009 Ones.
    Yeah I think they've used several different length screws the past few years. My 09s with the thumb screws worked fine on my Company board, but my 08s had to be cut down to even work on my (thicker) Ronix board. But my main point was use the Ronix bindings instead of the Slingshots. Better in every way except screw depth apparently.

And congrats on the new board... I'm sure you will love it!

Quote Originally Posted by brain_rinse View Post
    And congrats on the new board... I'm sure you will love it!
    Already do. The Ronix One bindings on the Slingshot is a great match. The reduced weight of the Slingshot is amazing. My new setup weighs close to just the Ronix board alone