Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default PerfectPass...Easy Install

I installed PP Stargazer last year in my '06 Outback. I had Moomba Cruise prior to that. I talked to Gary at PP and we determined that I needed the install kit. It took some time to figure it out (about a day), mostly because I didn't want to mess up my $30,000 ski boat, but looking back at it, it wasn't too bad. There was some minor electrical work I had to do to the ECM module plug ( I needed to add some jacks to the plug that would allow PP to "hijack" the ECM signal so it could tell the ECM what to do), run the cable from the module to the ECM Plug, pull out the old speedo, put in the new one, plug it into the module, and plug in the GPS antenna and speedo wheel. The two hardest parts of the process was working the plug, finding a place to mount the module that would keep it fairly dry, and finding a way to power the system-I ended up hooking it to the old Moomba cruise power wire-for some reason it would only work that way.

Talk to Gary at PP-he'll be able to tell exactly what you need.

Also, for the speed issue, if you're not running it off of GPS, the paddle wheel under the boat may be jammed up, causing inaccurate speed readings. just a thought-my old speedo didn't work at all for the two weeks I got to use my baby this summer.

Sean
    Sean
    06 Moomba Outback
    and lovin' every minute of it...

I purchased the upgrade kit today to replace the moomba cruise to PP GPS. I got next day delivery so I will be installing it tomorrow.
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

Quote Originally Posted by deafgoose View Post
    I purchased the upgrade kit today to replace the moomba cruise to PP GPS. I got next day delivery so I will be installing it tomorrow.
    Did you buy from PP or only inboards? I've got a wonky dispay so I'm upgrading this year.
    06 LSV
    2 - 750lb Fatsacks, Custom Sunbrella Cover and Bimini, Kenwood KMR440MU and Amp Bazooka Tower Speakers, Aerial Mirror, Stargazer, 4 Port Heater.

Toys - O'Brien Natural, CWB Pure, IS Yellow Loogie, CWB Ride, Hyperlite Voyageur for the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie_abb View Post
    Did you buy from PP or only inboards? I've got a wonky dispay so I'm upgrading this year.
    Directly from PP because they are in Canada. I received it today but the weather was crap so install day is rescheduled for tomorrow!
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

Quote Originally Posted by CT Skier View Post
    I installed PP Stargazer last year in my '06 Outback. I had Moomba Cruise prior to that. I talked to Gary at PP and we determined that I needed the install kit. It took some time to figure it out (about a day), mostly because I didn't want to mess up my $30,000 ski boat, but looking back at it, it wasn't too bad. There was some minor electrical work I had to do to the ECM module plug ( I needed to add some jacks to the plug that would allow PP to "hijack" the ECM signal so it could tell the ECM what to do), run the cable from the module to the ECM Plug, pull out the old speedo, put in the new one, plug it into the module, and plug in the GPS antenna and speedo wheel. The two hardest parts of the process was working the plug, finding a place to mount the module that would keep it fairly dry, and finding a way to power the system-I ended up hooking it to the old Moomba cruise power wire-for some reason it would only work that way.

Talk to Gary at PP-he'll be able to tell exactly what you need.

Also, for the speed issue, if you're not running it off of GPS, the paddle wheel under the boat may be jammed up, causing inaccurate speed readings. just a thought-my old speedo didn't work at all for the two weeks I got to use my baby this summer.

Sean
    I don't suppose you took alot of pics of your install along the way did you?
    Would be a good "sticky"

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet