Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default big air w2w jumps

Is there anyone who can show me a big air w2w into the flats behind a moomba LSV or other moomba? If you can please write the ballast setup and speed because I have my doubts by my mobius LSV with only the big centre bagg
    2007 Moomba Mobius LSV, 325hp.
    Ballast Gravity III ballast
    Bimini towertop.
    Four tower speakers.

You can go big behind a fishing boat with proper technique. Even with no weight the LSV throws plenty of wake to get big air. If you can take some video or sequence photos of you riding we can help with your technique. You need to edge progressively harder as you approach the wake and stay on that edge and stand tall when you hit the wake... if you can do both of those things you'll fly!

Technique, technique, technique!!!
    06 LSV
    2 - 750lb Fatsacks, Custom Sunbrella Cover and Bimini, Kenwood KMR440MU and Amp Bazooka Tower Speakers, Aerial Mirror, Stargazer, 4 Port Heater.

Toys - O'Brien Natural, CWB Pure, IS Yellow Loogie, CWB Ride, Hyperlite Voyageur for the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by brain_rinse View Post
    You can go big behind a fishing boat with proper technique. Even with no weight the LSV throws plenty of wake to get big air. If you can take some video or sequence photos of you riding we can help with your technique. You need to edge progressively harder as you approach the wake and stay on that edge and stand tall when you hit the wake... if you can do both of those things you'll fly!
    Totally Agree! Also, I find that if you practice lowering your arms down towards your hips (keeping you arms straight) you'll get way more pop off the top of the wake. Try it, you'll like it!

I can now start 5' off of the wake and land out on the flats no problem. It's been a total help in learning to do my heelside 360's. I can now land them clean on the downside of the wake. I think my problem before was that I was carrying way too much speed into the trick as I was starting my cut towards the wake from about 20' out.
    Last edited by Canuckle Head; 09-07-2010 at 12:14 PM.
    2011 President's Trophy - Check
    2011 Western Confernece Champs - Check
    2011 Stanley Cup Champs - Not so Much....

2007 Outback V

But with what speed are you doing this and with what ballast setup?
    Bimini towertop.
    Four tower speakers.

Here's a similar thread that's over on WW. http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=783201

I don't know if Robert will be able to clear the wake with 100' of rope at 23 mph and no ballast, but I can promise you that you can get big air w2w jumps with zero ballast at 20 mph.

Default movie

hey you guys here is an little movie of me please give comments!!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO30ynqt-ig
    Bimini towertop.
    Four tower speakers.

You are doing a lot of things right! Not cutting out too wide, fairly progressive cut at the wake, standing tall most times, short rope, right speed.

My main suggestion would just be to keep at it! You can set a much stronger edge near the wake. Drop your butt down, dig in your heels and don't let the board flatten out when you hit the wake and stand tall. Think about pushing off (standing tall/trampoline/whatever) but away from the boat. That line tension plus edge is what will give you the boost.

Quote Originally Posted by brain_rinse View Post
    My main suggestion would just be to keep at it! You can set a much stronger edge near the wake. Drop your butt down, dig in your heels and don't let the board flatten out when you hit the wake and stand tall. Think about pushing off (standing tall/trampoline/whatever) but away from the boat. That line tension plus edge is what will give you the boost.
    I agree with brain_rinse. Increased edge at the wake is going to give you the kick your looking for. Where is your wake plate set at? What speed are you running? Oh, and make the passengers move there weight in the boat towards the white washed wake. Your port wake is a little washed out at times. Clean wakes make for easier jumping.

I will admit a bigger wake will make it a little easier to get big air, however proper technique is still a must. Get some friends in the boat for some increased weight in the boat if you want a bigger wake. Or toss two bags in the lockers and fill them with a pump. I have a Outback V and I can get into the flats no problem, your LSV has plenty of wake. Keep at it.

It truely is all about technique and technique. I started watching "The Book" and that helped me alot. When I first started trying to do W2W I was trying to go faster and faster hitting the wake and trying to clear the wake with speed. That isn't the right technique at all. I finally started working on my progressive edge more and more. I started doing board drills like it shows in "The book". Now I can clear W2W easily without having to give a big run at the wake. I am not getting as much pop as I would like yet but I am still working on that. I am clearning W2W easily and that is with no ballast. I think everyone focuses on the ballast too much.
    2006 Mobius LSV