Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: System done!!!

Default Thanks...

I think all of my amps are grounded through the capacitor. My head unit is grounded to the battery. I think all of my RCA's are plugged in tight. They are being run from one amp to another due to the fact I only have one RCA outbut on my deck. I may need to turn down the volume an the amps a little. Will that help? Just sitting there it was awesome but it was driving me insane when all I could hear was was this high pitched squeal. I am not sure about when you know you need a cap I was just told it would help out running three amps off of 1 battery. I dont spend a ton of time listening to tunes in the cove with the motor of so I have still been able to get away with the single battery. I don't know that the cap has helped but it couldn't hurt and it was cheap and looks cool...LOL.

I just had the same problem. I installed 2 small capacitors on the wakeplate wires and that took care of the speaker pop while adjusting the wakeplate but still had the speaker static when filling ballast or running the blower. However after lots of tinkering I did find that I forgot to reconnect the large ground that runs from the ground block, at the helm, back up to the battery. I also created as much distance between my power wires and my speaker/rca wires as possible. Also, be sure to turn the gains down as low as you can. There's a correct and easy way to adjust your gains. After all of this....I have no more noise. Good luck.
    '05 Supra 21V Launch

So I gotta ask - why is your swim platform inside your boat?
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Talking Old pic....

I had it in there before I got hooks on my wall to hang it. If you look at the side profile pic its on the wall behind the boat. I have to thank you guys I turned the amps down a little and that made a big difference in the noise from the pumps. Not quite perfect yet but close. Once I turn up the volume a little you cant hear it.

Default One More...

Here are the new polks....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Your wife tell you to turn it down yet? I started calling my wife the music nazi after this summer. Every time I turn it up she turns it down.
    I've been in Newty's garage and had a little demo of his system. Pretty sure his wife was not home at the time though! If I'm not mistaken he had all his boards that were mounted up on the wall bungeed down so they wouldn't rattle off. HA!!!

I'm curious how you like the Kicker SX amp. I'm running the three Kicker ZX amps with Polk MM's but am a little underpowered I think. I'm curious if the wiring on this amp is the same as the ZX: power/ground/remote-lead on one end and the speaker wires and RCAs on the other end?
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...