Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: System done!!!

Default System done!!!

For now.... I have installed or ordered everything. I now have a total of 1700 watts runnind out of three amps. 1000 watt MA running two JL 10" W3 subs, Kicker ZX 400.2 running 4 diamond audio tower speakers, MTX 300 watt running 6 polk 651's. I have a soundstream EQ on its way to help with the fine tuning. I feel like I am 16 again...crazy loud. Next year I may upgrade my tower speakers to HLCD speakers. But for now I am done.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default more...

Here are a couple more...
    Attached Images Attached Images

wow... i am so jealous... i wish i knew a little more about sound systems... i think i'm gonna do my homework this winter...

How do you know you need a capacitor ?

Your wife tell you to turn it down yet? I started calling my wife the music nazi after this summer. Every time I turn it up she turns it down.

Seriously, nice work! looks good.

PWI as usual...

Thumbs up It's not hard...

With the battery right there its easy you dont have near as much work as with a car. It did take some time to do but I use it as my therapy time. I installed all the amps built and covered the amp board installed all the speakers accept the custom sub enclosure under the kick panel. I did the computer program to port the second enclosured under the passenger side. I got all of the amps off of craigslist two of the amps were new. Polks off ebay. cap off of craigslist. The tower speakers came tith the boat. The EQ from ebay. Had the enclosure made from a shop I got from craigslist total cost around $600....Can't beat that.

Default She will hate it....

The bass takes your breath away while driving. Of course she loves it when I am playing old school rap anyways. My kid said it was shaking pictures on the second floor of my house. He thought it was cool....

Default Engine noise?

So We took it out for the first time after the stuff was done. Sounded great accept I need to fine tune it. Until I turned the boat on and then the ballast fill. I had a ton of engine noise. That sucks bad after all the time I have put into it. I have some issues that I will need to take care of. I may be making a trade for a pioneer deh 3100ub deck soon. It has more RCA outputs than what I have now. I am hopeing that if I rewire some stuff it will take care of the problem. Ahhhhhh.

Are all of your amps and HU powered and grounded at the same place (battery)? If so check your gains, they may be set too high...

If that doesn't work double check to make sure your HU is at least grounded to the same place as the other amps or to the amps itself... Lots of posts on this with much more expert opinion than mine

Good luck
    2007 Mobius LSV

check power and ground connections on the deck, and rca lines.

looks great.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten