Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Payson , Arizona/Arvada , Colorado/Montana

Last day on our lake today , not as hot as tuesday which was record high of 90+ deg. Had a good summer , latest start that I can remember. It did snow here twice in May, didn't get the boat wet till 1st week of June!! Planning a trip to Arizona next month to finish off the season should have good weather I hope. Some pics from this summer. L to R , Bear lake Utah/Idaho, " private lake " Montana, Echo lake Montana , Navajo lake Colorado. One more trip ....
    Jim.
    Last edited by jimmobius; 10-08-2010 at 12:23 PM.
    05 Mobius lsv , ballast system , stereo, etc..

Man, Jim, that is just pristine. Love it. Have a good and safe time in AZ.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jimmobius View Post
    Last day on our lake today , not as hot as tuesday which was record high of 90+ deg. Had a good summer , latest start that I can remember. It did snow here twice in May, didn't get the boat wet till 1st week of June!! Planning a trip to Arizona next month to finish off the season should have good weather I hope. Some pics from this summer. L to R , Bear lake Utah/Idaho, " private lake " Montana, Echo lake Montana , Navajo lake Colorado. One more trip ....
    Jim.
    Jim - How does your boat run at those altitudes and did you modify any of the factory settings or equipment to up the performance? Also, what is your tow rig? Nice pictures. - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

echo is pretty shallow in spots isn't it? never been on it myself!

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Man, Jim, that is just pristine. Love it. Have a good and safe time in AZ.
    You ain't kidding! Wish I could have that scenery with my weather. Guess life is all about trade-offs.

Default First Fire

Well another sign that the season is winding down- tonight is the yearly ritual that I call First Fire. For you southern guys it involves filling the wood stove full of Indiana hard wood, lighting it on fire, then sitting around drinking brandied apple cider. The stove will burn for 12 hours and there's nothing like going for a ski ride then coming home to a warm fire! Lows in the upper 30s this weekend will probably mean drysuit next week. I'm glad the boat fits in the garage this year!
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float

Default Michigan weather

Pulled the outback last weekend, getting the boat out is easy, just put it on the trailer. the dock and hoist require me to get wet. So It needs to come out before it is tooooooo cold ! Once School starts for the kids, it is pretty hectic with school and soccer and dance for the girls. I barely have time to mow the grass. So usually mid Sept is the last horrah for us

Going out tomorrow for the last time. Weather should be a balmy 75deg. We've had the boat about a month and have to put her away. It will be a sad day.

Payson , Arizona/Arvada , Colorado/Montana

Kaneboats - thanks we were fortunate to have the conditions and low boat traffic.
    Deerfield- The only thing I did was run the 17.5 pitch prop in Montana at the lower elevations. I have a dodge ram 2500 cummins quad 4 x 4 long bed / 10.5' overhead hardside camper ( old) and of course pull the boat.
    Viking- Yes echo is shallow in spots , but we know where they are and it is supprisingly deep in spots too but I can't remember the actual depth right now. It also was the warmest lake the whole trip. The weather had just warmed up and the lakes hadn't had a chance to warm up . I used my dry suit on Swan and Flathead !!

Jim
    Last edited by jimmobius; 10-02-2010 at 06:03 AM.
    05 Mobius lsv , ballast system , stereo, etc..

Ours came out last weekend - had one of the best runs ever 32 off @ 34mph - rocked it.. Then out and winterized. Plan is to clean today and store... Had our first frost this morning - but sunny now and heading to mid 50s. Definitely wet-suitable - but no boats available.
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off